Online database with peer reviewed journals

In summary, the conversation discusses options for accessing peer-reviewed articles and research in the fields of psychology and physics/mechanical engineering. The suggested databases include ebsco for psychology and arxiv.org for physics/mechanical engineering, with the possibility of using a Firefox plugin to search for free access versions of papers.
Vividly
Is there an online database (with free access) where you can look at peer reviewed articles and research? I want to start researching some ideas and I'm looking for a database where research has been published. In psychology there's a database called ebsco that let's you look at these articles. I'm looking for one in Physics/Mechanical Engineering.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
There's arxiv.org with the latest in prepublished articles.

Your university may have access to paid journals but giving students free access.

There's a Firefox plugin called 'Unpaywall' which automatically searches for (legal) free access versions of any paper you're trying to view.
You can also download the list of data sources it's using and search them manually.

Likes vanhees71

1. What is an online database with peer reviewed journals?

An online database with peer reviewed journals is a digital platform that provides access to scholarly articles and research papers that have been evaluated and approved by experts in the field. These journals cover a wide range of topics and are considered to be reputable sources of information.

2. How can I access an online database with peer reviewed journals?

Access to online databases with peer reviewed journals varies depending on the specific database. Some may require a paid subscription, while others may be available for free through a university or library. Many databases also offer individual article access for a fee.

3. What is the process for peer review in online databases?

The peer review process involves submitting a research paper to a journal for evaluation by experts in the field. These experts review the paper for accuracy, validity, and relevance before deciding whether to publish it. This process helps to ensure the quality and credibility of the information presented in the journal.

4. How can I determine if a journal in an online database is peer reviewed?

Most online databases will indicate whether a journal is peer reviewed or not. This information can usually be found in the journal's description or on the database's website. Additionally, you can search for the journal on Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, which provides information on the peer review status of journals.

5. Are all articles in online databases with peer reviewed journals trustworthy?

While peer reviewed journals are generally considered to be reliable sources of information, it is still important to critically evaluate the content of any article. Consider the author's credentials, the sources cited, and any potential biases. It is also helpful to consult multiple sources to ensure the accuracy and validity of the information presented.