Online lectures for Electromagnetism

In summary, the individual is in search of online lectures for upper-division electromagnetism, specifically covering topics such as Legendre polynomials, spherical harmonics, and Maxwell's equations. They mention that their professor is not a strong lecturer and are seeking help. The suggested options for online lectures are Electromagnetic theory by Prof. D. K. Ghosh, Electromagnetic theory by Prof. Pradeep Kumar, and Introduction to electromagnetism by Prof. Manoj Harbola.
Faizan Samad
Hello, I just had a quick question. Does anyone have links to online lectures for Upper-Division Electromagnetism? I so far haven’t been able to find much other than a few isolated videos here and there. I’m looking for something that covers Legendre polynomials, spherical harmonics, maxwell’s equations, etc. My professor unfortunately isn’t very good at lecturing since he’s primarily a scientist at LBNL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is Electromagnetism and why is it important?

Electromagnetism is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the interactions between electrically charged particles. It is important because it helps us understand and explain many everyday phenomena, such as electricity, magnetism, and light.

2. How do online lectures for Electromagnetism differ from traditional in-person lectures?

Online lectures for Electromagnetism typically involve pre-recorded videos or live streaming sessions, while traditional in-person lectures are conducted in a physical classroom setting. Online lectures also offer the flexibility of being able to access the material at any time and from any location.

3. What topics are typically covered in online lectures for Electromagnetism?

Topics covered in online lectures for Electromagnetism include electrostatics, magnetostatics, electromagnetic induction, electromagnetic waves, and applications of electromagnetism in technology.

4. Are there any prerequisites for taking online lectures for Electromagnetism?

A basic understanding of calculus and physics is usually recommended as a prerequisite for taking online lectures for Electromagnetism. Some courses may also require knowledge of vector calculus and differential equations.

5. What are the benefits of taking online lectures for Electromagnetism?

Some benefits of online lectures for Electromagnetism include the flexibility of self-paced learning, accessibility from anywhere, and the ability to replay lectures for better understanding. Online lectures also often offer interactive tools and resources for students to enhance their learning experience.