What Software Can I Use to Record Audio from Online Lectures to MP3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sphyics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Software
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
sphyics
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Recommend me a software that allows users to record audio from any type of streaming or non-streaming sound to MP3 formats for the best compatibility for MP3 Players. As it would help me to record only audios from my online lectures.

thanks in anticipation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I had a problem once that required a solution like this, and I found some free programs for Windows XP that do what you are asking (search google for 'record any audio'), but I don't recommend them because they all modified the sound card drivers and made the machine less stable.
 
conversion ,ok ! but first i need a software to record the sounds!
 
http://www.downloadhelper.net/

It's a firefox plugin in. It'll pick up almost anything. Even has some basic conversion, and for a price (I think it's like $20) you can get the upgraded version that even has ,mp3 conversion.
 
There is a program called TotalRecorder which intercepts and records any audio played through your computer.
 
Audacity is nice, but its a lot of work for that, and I'm not sure you could just stream into it...

TotalRecorder or Download Helper seem like the best two options.