Online summer classes, specifically Calculus III

• Thread starter Null_
  • Start date
Hey everyone, I've asked something similar, but the time to sign up for summer classes is nearing.

Reason I want to take Calc III this summer- so I can take Modern Physics in the fall.

I will be working 40 hours a week at a summer camp, so I'm not sure how that will pan out with an online class. I love Calc II right now and find it really easy. The way that our setup works is we have online lectures and homework with a forum for questions. I've heard the professor gives his cell phone # too. We take the tests and exam at a local community college.

Is this setting myself up to fail? The other alternative is going to a university at the beach and living there to take it. I'd probably take Orgo if I did that.

My main question is how hard would Online Calc III be? How much did you benefit from looking at a professor teach it? I would like to get an A. If someone took it online or another comparable class and is willing to share, that would be greatly appreciated.

Answers and Replies

I find online classes easier because I don't have to listen to the instructor speak and it forces them to follow a textbook. So if you are competent at self study it will not present a problem.

(I really wish all math classes were offered online/independent study, instructors who feel their notes are better then textbooks are delusional.)

The only question is if you can handle summer camp + course.

... instructors who feel their notes are better then textbooks are delusional.). ...
Why exactly?

My instructor has his own note set separate from the textbook because the school requires all calc I-III classes to use Stewart's book. He apparently hates Stewart's.

Regardless, I suppose I can give it a try. I'll be working 8-4 every day, so I should have at least two hours a day to dedicate to the class.