Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Operator state mapping in Conformal Field Theory

1. Jan 8, 2015 #1

kau

can any one suggest any good reading material on operator state mapping in conformal field theory??? I know only elementary field theory... So it might be helpful ifsomeone suggest a book where it is done in little detailed way..

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2015 #2

Haelfix

Science Advisor

As usual for Conformal field theory, the relevant material is almost assuredly found in the bible on the subject by Di Francesco.
    You can also review the following lecture notes online by David Tong:
    http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/tong/string/four.pdf (page 99+)

4. Jan 8, 2015 #3

kau

ok.thanks for your suggestion. can you tell me exactly how far i should cover to understand it in order to understan this mapping.. since that book is a very big in volume... thanks..

5. Jan 8, 2015 #4

Haelfix

Science Advisor

It depends of course on what you want to use it for. If you need to understand the mapping for its applications in something like Ads/CFT, then Tong's lecture notes should suffice, if you are interested in the far more general applications then you'll have to read through the relevant material/sections in Di Francesco. I'd try Tong's notes first, (and there are plenty of other intros/review articles on CFTS) as its a little less formalism rich.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook