Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

OSx and IE6

1. Aug 30, 2006 #1
    I have recently changed my world view and bought a Macbook (on Intel) :surprised :surprised :surprised

Im not a Mac bigot nor will I ever be, however I am happy with my new laptop, its really fast, the hardware/cost is good and OSx is a good OS. (I like the opensource feel, dawrin ports etc)

Anyway, I have a small question for any OSx buffs out there, I would like to run IE6 with Active-X Natively. I have Parallels installed and could boot XP and run IE that way (virtually). But I have been reading up on Darwine and seemingly you can run M$ apps within a Darwin environment. Anybody got any experience with this?

I need Active-x running too, which I *think* might be rather difficult within OSX
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2006 #2
    For anyone who is interested, active-x just aint going to work outside of an M$ environment. I tried a multitude of things from darwine, to crossover. Eventually I just loaded up xp virtually.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?