Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Past Underachiever. Present Starving College Student.

1. Sep 21, 2016 #1

Turkus2

Gold Member

Hello! I joined Physics Forums as I've gotten through the first stages of a very tough sophomore physics class and have decided I a) don't want to die and b) still want to do this.

Short bio - I worked in retail for more than ten years all the way up to running my own 40000 square foot store (as a GM - not an owner) with about 60 employees. After that length of time and deciding it was beneath my intellectual ability, I decided to return to school to pursue something that drives me. I am currently studying to earn a bachelor's in physics before pursuing grad school for astrophysics. I was raised Catholic (am far from that now), so the school's investment in science and math were minimal, to say the least. My curiosity was never fed - so I'm a late bloomer that did not have terribly nerdy beginnings.

I'm here because the class I'm in promotes self-learning and while I think my instructors are semi-approachable, I have a research-driven attitude towards discovery so I sometimes will reach out more for confirmation of an idea than for "help me with my homework."

Thanks in advance and I hope to contribute once I get more physics under me.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2016 #2
    Welcome to PF! Great to have you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted