Past Underachiever. Present Starving College Student.

• Thread starter Turkus2
  • Start date
In summary, a past underachiever refers to an individual who may have struggled academically or professionally in the past. However, they have since transformed into a present starving college student, working hard to achieve success and overcome financial challenges. Despite their previous setbacks, they are now dedicated and determined to excel in their studies and future career pursuits.
Turkus2
Gold Member
Hello! I joined Physics Forums as I've gotten through the first stages of a very tough sophomore physics class and have decided I a) don't want to die and b) still want to do this.

Short bio - I worked in retail for more than ten years all the way up to running my own 40000 square foot store (as a GM - not an owner) with about 60 employees. After that length of time and deciding it was beneath my intellectual ability, I decided to return to school to pursue something that drives me. I am currently studying to earn a bachelor's in physics before pursuing grad school for astrophysics. I was raised Catholic (am far from that now), so the school's investment in science and math were minimal, to say the least. My curiosity was never fed - so I'm a late bloomer that did not have terribly nerdy beginnings.

I'm here because the class I'm in promotes self-learning and while I think my instructors are semi-approachable, I have a research-driven attitude towards discovery so I sometimes will reach out more for confirmation of an idea than for "help me with my homework."

Thanks in advance and I hope to contribute once I get more physics under me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Great to have you!