PE license with physics/math degree

• Programs
  • Thread starter physics305
  • Start date
Currently right now I switched from electrical engineering to physics/math double major (both applied and pure mathematics), and currently am a junior. I never really liked engineering, and I only did it because my parents insisted that it was a better career option (pay wise).

Now I want to work as a physicist ( leaning towards theoretical), but just wondering can someone with a physics/math degree get a PE license. I just need a straight answer because I have asked numerous advisers in my university (which is accredited), but to my knowledge i believe it depends on what state you are in ( I am in Florida).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers and Replies

Now I want to work as a physicist ( leaning towards theoretical), but just wondering can someone with a physics/math degree get a PE license. I just need a straight answer because I have asked numerous advisers in my university (which is accredited), but to my knowledge i believe it depends on what state you are in ( I am in Florida).
So what did the advisers tell you?

To my disbelief, they said they didn't know.

I can understand if my physics adviser didn't know, but my engineering one said I should be able to find the answer online.

I have search online for PE licence requirements in florida and nothing has come up.

Read http://www.fbpe.org/userfiles/file/Chapter%20471.pdf [Broken], especially 471.013 and 471.015. And the fact that the advisors told you that just makes me cringe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! This was exactly was I was looking for.