1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PE license with physics/math degree

1. Jul 18, 2011 #1
    Currently right now I switched from electrical engineering to physics/math double major (both applied and pure mathematics), and currently am a junior. I never really liked engineering, and I only did it because my parents insisted that it was a better career option (pay wise).

Now I want to work as a physicist ( leaning towards theoretical), but just wondering can someone with a physics/math degree get a PE license. I just need a straight answer because I have asked numerous advisers in my university (which is accredited), but to my knowledge i believe it depends on what state you are in ( I am in Florida).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2011 #2
    So what did the advisers tell you?

4. Jul 18, 2011 #3
    To my disbelief, they said they didn't know.

I can understand if my physics adviser didn't know, but my engineering one said I should be able to find the answer online.

I have search online for PE licence requirements in florida and nothing has come up.

5. Jul 18, 2011 #4
    Read http://www.fbpe.org/userfiles/file/Chapter%20471.pdf [Broken], especially 471.013 and 471.015. And the fact that the advisors told you that just makes me cringe.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Jul 18, 2011 #5
    Thanks! This was exactly was I was looking for.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook