Peak energy of the galactic cosmic ray spectrum

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Norman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ray Spectrum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Norman
Messages
895
Reaction score
4
Does anyone know the peak(or the energy at which the flux is the greatest) of the GCR spectrum? And a quotable source for that. I am pretty sure it is in the 1-10 GeV/nucleon range.
thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This page says thaty the GCR (Galactic cosmic Ray) spectrum peaks near 300 MeV
www.ngst.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/pubdownload?Id=649[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually that data seems to be the particle count through 1.27 mm of Aluminum. Although I am trying to look up their reference for it. So it appears that I am still trying to find what the actual peak of the GCR is. In Gaisser's book he has a couple of plots but I am trying to verify them to myself since they are slightly misleading I think.
So if anyone can offer some more help I would appreciate it.
Cheers