Pennsylvania Man Wins Darwin Award for "Dumbest Criminal

  • Thread starter Thread starter rootX
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
I thought this was going to be about those drowned football players...

Didn't see that one and neither could find it through google.
 
OAQfirst said:
I don't get this. rootX, you even responded to a thread here, with the same link: The dumbest criminal in Pennsylvania... https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=303289 by jtbell.

Hmm. I see jtbell's post came after yours? *confused*

It had 5 posts when I saw it and this had only one reply then..
(but yes, jtbell's thread came few minutes after me)
 
You have to remove yourself from the gene pool to be a Darwin Award winner. The thief at the police convention is 19 and will get out prison after a few years. Being "smooth", it's entirely probable he'll mate and reproduce, passing his intelligence on to another generation. There's many females that would consider a male with enough audacity to commit armed robbery at a police convention as attractive.
 
Another Darwin wannabe: Diver shoots himself in the head with a harpoon.

Okay, maybe that was more unlucky than stupid. Personally, I think he just made up the story about the harpoon ricocheting off a rock because he was too embarrassed to admit how it really happened.

On the other hand, he was incredibly lucky. The harpoon didn't hit any of the sections of the brain that he actually used. Sometimes, not using much of your brain is its own reward. :smile: