People shouldn't have opinions or something

  • Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • #1
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/suffrage.html [Broken]

And you see this stuff all the time! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do people just want to pretend they are apart of something? This has been done with a lot of things. Tricking hippies into signing a ban on water is a big one. So what's with people? Do they ever think? That's what needs to be asked here. Does a majority of human beings on this earth actually think? Is democracy really the answer?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,149
64
Such people shouldn't be allowed to vote :grumpy:
brilliant video though :smile:
 
  • #3
151
0
And you see this stuff all the time!

Yeah, its called "lobbying".

Such people shouldn't be allowed to vote

Such people are known as "lawmakers".
 
  • #4
25
0
That was painful. So very, very painful. Why don't the schools teach people how to operate a democratic government? That's what they're there for... right?
 
  • #5
What is it? My work filter says it's tasteless and wont let me see it.
 
  • #6
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,752
14
What is it? My work filter says it's tasteless and wont let me see it.

"Please sign my petition to end womens' suffrage"

repeat.
 
  • #7
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
TheStatutoryApe said:
What is it? My work filter says it's tasteless and wont let me see it.
I haven't looked yet, but given the responses, it probably is tasteless, and you're probably better off not seeing it. :rofl: Your work filter gets a chuckle out of me every time you mention it. That said, I'm now going to have to look and see what it is. :biggrin:

Edit: It seems I can't view it either. It's a windows media player file, and I don't have it installed on this computer. It'll have to wait until I overcome inertia and view it on another computer.
 
Last edited:
  • #8
enigma said:
"Please sign my petition to end womens' suffrage"

repeat.
Ah yes, definitely tasteless then....

Moonie said:
Your work filter gets a chuckle out of me every time you mention it.
Well I'm glad that it still makes someone laugh because it just annoys me now.:grumpy: :wink:
 
  • #9
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
TheStatutoryApe said:
Well I'm glad that it still makes someone laugh because it just annoys me now.:grumpy: :wink:
You need to find someone who knows enough to hack into it and change the messages it gives...preferably to something tasteless to make up for all the other tasteless stuff you're missing out on. :biggrin: (Yeah, I know, if you knew someone who could do that, you'd have them remove it, not just change the messages.)
 
  • #10
Evo
Mentor
23,192
2,991
Moonbear said:
You need to find someone who knows enough to hack into it and change the messages it gives...preferably to something tasteless to make up for all the other tasteless stuff you're missing out on. :biggrin: (Yeah, I know, if you knew someone who could do that, you'd have them remove it, not just change the messages.)
There's nothing bad in the video. MB, you've got to see it.

This guy ges to a Women's College and asks women to sign a petition to "end women's suffrage" and they all sign it, having no clue that it's what gave women the right to vote. :bugeye:
 
  • #11
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,752
14
It's the same sort of sensationalist videos that the DHMO people do. Go around, ask people to sign something rediculous. Edit out the people who knew what was going on. Viola... 'proof' that people in _insert locale_ are stupid.

Jay Leno's Jaywalking does the same thing, and so does the video which asked the people "which country should we invade next and can you point to it on a map?"

Heck, I've even seen cretinist propaganda which uses the same ploy.
 
  • #12
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
enigma said:
It's the same sort of sensationalist videos that the DHMO people do. Go around, ask people to sign something rediculous. Edit out the people who knew what was going on. Viola... 'proof' that people in _insert locale_ are stupid.

I don't think they were trying to prove much. I gotta say though, i saw one of those DHMO things where they actually got thousands of signatures when the attendance numbered slightly over 10,000. That one was definitely proof of something seeing as someone can only make it so far through a crowd getting the attention of so many people.
 
  • #13
1,414
5
enigma said:
It's the same sort of sensationalist videos that the DHMO people do. Go around, ask people to sign something rediculous. Edit out the people who knew what was going on. Viola... 'proof' that people in _insert locale_ are stupid.

Jay Leno's Jaywalking does the same thing, and so does the video which asked the people "which country should we invade next and can you point to it on a map?"

Heck, I've even seen cretinist propaganda which uses the same ploy.

I'm sorry, but if I could find ten women at a women's college willing to sign a petition to end women's suffrage....I don't care how many other people said no, those ten are stupid.
 
  • #14
Here sign this petition to recall the governer and elect Arnold Schwarzenegger instead.
 
  • #15
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Jonny_trigonometry said:
Here sign this petition to recall the governer and elect Arnold Schwarzenegger instead.

except this time it wasn't a show of stupidity :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
  • #16
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
Evo said:
There's nothing bad in the video. MB, you've got to see it.

This guy ges to a Women's College and asks women to sign a petition to "end women's suffrage" and they all sign it, having no clue that it's what gave women the right to vote. :bugeye:
Doesn't have to be bad to be tasteless. :tongue:
 
  • #17
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,752
14
franznietzsche said:
I'm sorry, but if I could find ten women at a women's college willing to sign a petition to end women's suffrage....I don't care how many other people said no, those ten are stupid.

It might alarm you, but 50% of the population is below average intelligence. :tongue2:
 
  • #18
1,414
5
enigma said:
It might alarm you, but 50% of the population is below average intelligence. :tongue2:


Yes but almost everyone is a moron in my experience.
 
  • #19
20
0
enigma said:
It might alarm you, but 50% of the population is below average intelligence. :tongue2:

not necessarily...

for example, 99+% of people have more than the average number of thumbs
 
  • #20
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
rhj23 said:
not necessarily...

for example, 99+% of people have more than the average number of thumbs
Enigma's "average" is a median, yours is a mean.
 
  • #21
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
185
82
enigma said:
It's the same sort of sensationalist videos that the DHMO people do. Go around, ask people to sign something rediculous. Edit out the people who knew what was going on. Viola... 'proof' that people in _insert locale_ are stupid.

Jay Leno's Jaywalking does the same thing, and so does the video which asked the people "which country should we invade next and can you point to it on a map?"

Heck, I've even seen cretinist propaganda which uses the same ploy.
Of course it's sensationalistic .... and impossible for the viewer to tell how many girls had to be approached. It's always funny until someone loses an eye.

The video was made by some boys from a Delaware Catholic boy's school. They visited the local Catholic girl's school to do the video. Here's the backlash from the video: http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060403/NEWS/604030341/1006 [Broken]

Pranks like that are totally tasteless. (They're still funny, though).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #22
20
0
Gokul43201 said:
Enigma's "average" is a median, yours is a mean.

really? thanks so much for clearing that up - i genuinely didn't understand the point he was making..
 

Related Threads on People shouldn't have opinions or something

Replies
35
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
22
Views
3K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
34
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
37
Views
17K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
72
Views
7K
Replies
24
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
2K
  • Last Post
7
Replies
158
Views
17K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
3K
Top