Permanently kicked out gold members

• Thread starter m k
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the percentage of probability for receiving a refund for a Gold Membership if one gets banned from the forum. This was prompted by a question about the timing of payment and likelihood of breaking forum rules. There was also discussion about the relevance of personal offense rates and whether or not the refund policy is one-to-one and onto. One person shared a photo and advised against donating if one needs to ask such a question.
m k
Gold Member
What percentage?
Right after payment or later?

Just trying to figure out the propabilities, after some sales contact.

Physics news on Phys.org
m k said:
What percentage?
Right after payment or later?

Just trying to figure out the propabilities, after some sales contact.
I think that is pretty rare, but I think it does happen sometimes. I don't know what @Greg Bernhardt policy is...

The probability scales with the rate at which a gold member breaks the forum rules.

Likes Ryan_m_b
Is that an appropriate approach for this analysis? Surely something like the rate at which you personally commit infractable offences is more relevant to you.

Those seem 1-to-1 and onto, no?

What Gus is sayin is, "If I get banned from the PF and have paid for a Gold Membership, can I get a pro-rated amount refunded?"
RightStuff1.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i20TTo7GDT0/UZRD0_AcAeI/AAAAAAAADR8/nDu3Z4be9PU/s1600/RightStuff1.JPG

Don't bother donating if you have to ask such a question

Likes dlgoff, OmCheeto, Vanadium 50 and 4 others

1. What does it mean to be "permanently kicked out" as a gold member?

Being "permanently kicked out" as a gold member means that your membership privileges and benefits as a gold member have been revoked permanently.

2. What are some reasons why someone may be permanently kicked out as a gold member?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may be permanently kicked out as a gold member, including violating the terms and conditions of the membership, engaging in unethical or illegal behavior, or consistently failing to meet the requirements or expectations of the membership.

3. Is there any way to regain gold membership after being permanently kicked out?

It is possible to appeal the decision and potentially regain gold membership after being permanently kicked out, but it ultimately depends on the specific circumstances and reasons for the removal. It is best to contact the membership organization for more information.

4. What happens to the benefits and rewards earned as a gold member after being permanently kicked out?

In most cases, any benefits and rewards earned as a gold member will be forfeited upon being permanently kicked out. This may also include any membership fees or dues paid.

5. Can a permanently kicked out gold member still participate in the organization or community?

In most cases, a permanently kicked out gold member will no longer have access to the organization or community and will not be allowed to participate in any activities or events. However, this may vary depending on the specific circumstances and policies of the organization.