Personal message @ bottom of posts?

• Thread starter sponsoredwalk
  • Start date
And mentors:biggrin:In summary, the conversation is about adding a signature to a personal message at the end of a post. The person is looking for a way to access the menu to edit the message so they can add a funny latex image. They are wondering if they have to pay for a signature and mention the option for contributors. It is revealed that contributors, homework helpers, science advisors, and mentors have the ability to add a signature. There is a brief discussion about adding multiple signatures and a typo is acknowledged.
sponsoredwalk
Hey, how do I put some writing in the personal message that comes up @ the end of your post. You know, like a signature.

I found a really funny latex thing
31446199677b3c212c5ebe092f035e06.png
(this is the image version) to place as my signature but I don't know how to access the menu to edit that message so that I can place this there.

Physics news on Phys.org
'my pf' menu entry at top left, then click edit signature,

I don't have the option to do that in any of the menus. Is a signature something you have to pay for or is my PF just broken :p

Yes, forgot - it's only available to contibutors ($15/year) - see the 'upgrade' link

Contributors, Homework Helpers & Science Advisors.

Borek said:
So why you do not have 3 signatures ?

Hm, no idea. Greg?

humanino said:
So why you do not have 3 signatures ?

Hmmm, Contributors, Homework Helpers & Science Advisors... I bet it would look like this:

1st: How you doin', Greg ;)

2nd: How was that, Greg :D

3rd: Under Greg's grace

... Respectively :biggrin:

Edit: Ops, I mispelled the head's name, typo hehe

Last edited:
Borek said:

And mentors:biggrin:

FAQ: Personal message @ bottom of posts?

1. What is a personal message at the bottom of a post?

A personal message at the bottom of a post is a short message or quote that appears below a person's username or signature at the end of a forum post or email. It is typically used to add a personal touch to the post or to convey a specific message to the reader.

2. How do I add a personal message to my forum posts?

The method for adding a personal message to forum posts varies depending on the platform. Typically, there is an option in the user settings or profile section to add a personal message. Some forums also allow for the use of HTML code in signatures, which can be used to add a personalized message.

3. Can I change my personal message at any time?

Yes, most forums allow users to change their personal message at any time. This can usually be done through the user settings or profile section. Some forums may also have a limit on how often a personal message can be changed.

4. Is there a character limit for personal messages?

This depends on the platform and forum rules. Some forums may have a specific character limit for personal messages, while others may allow for longer messages. It is best to check the forum guidelines or contact the forum administrator for specific information.

5. Can I use HTML code in my personal message?

Again, this depends on the platform and forum rules. Some forums may allow for the use of HTML code in personal messages, while others may not. It is important to check the guidelines before using HTML code in a personal message to avoid violating forum rules.