PF is taken over by space robots?

• Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date
rachmaninoff
It's suddenly all metallic and 3D and stuff, with neon green buttons. Presumably we've been assimillated by extraterrestial robots?

Answers and Replies

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
We've always had neon green buttons, they just used to clash with the blue background. :biggrin: (You have no idea how thrilled I am that the site is finally color-coordinated again.) As you can see, we definitely tossed Evo's lace curtain suggestion.

Just wait until you've used it for a few days and then look back at the old skin (you can switch back to it in usercp if you wish)...you'll be shocked at how boring the old skin looks soon enough.

is this a permanent thing?

I thought my bookmarks were messed up at first, I don't like this new look.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
What is this, the year 3000? :(

OK, I'll give this a chance, but it IS irritating for the eyes. Maybe another "calm" skin in the future (yeah, I know, it's hard work)?

- Kamataat

Last edited:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Give it a chance. It grows on you.

theCandyman said:
I thought my bookmarks were messed up at first, I don't like this new look.
You can switch back to "PF Classic" using the quick style chooser at the bottom left of every page.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Hey my style changed back to the original when i went to New Posts nad went to page #3.... and it seems to be stuck here :P

Evo
Mentor
Moonbear said:
As you can see, we definitely tossed Evo's lace curtain suggestion.
Only because your rats chewed them up. :cry:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
Only because your rats chewed them up. :cry:
Well, they needed some nesting material, and it was such nice, soft lace. :approve:

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Not only has PF been taken over by mechanoid interstellar space faring monkeys of doom, but BREWNOG IS YELLOW!

WOO!

YAY!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
brewnog said:
Not only has PF been taken over by mechanoid interstellar space faring monkeys of doom, but BREWNOG IS YELLOW!
WOO!
YAY!
Wow! How will we ever find you on those big yellow machines when you just blend in like that?

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Wow! How will we ever find you on those big yellow machines when you just blend in like that?

I'll be the one digging the biggest holes, crushing cars, and generally causing the most amount of havoc, whilst cackling like a very happy lunatic.

I've been here 5 minutes... already switched back to classic.

yeah, i gave it a try. can't stand it. pf classic is well... classic.

Like, this new skin rocks mad..
I especially like the small graphics around a thread..

Futuristic and awesome.

geez, you people. crawl out of your caves and join the civilized world. you know Greg is hanging around waiting to hear that all his hard work is appreciated, but all you do is ***** and moan. Tell Greg he did a good job. Tell him you love the new skin. and tell him change is good. Every time you change to the new skin an angel gets its wings.

hmm, you're right. i appreciate it very much that greg left the original scheme for us to continue to use. wtg greg!

New PF design

UGHHHHHHHH what did they do to this place? It used to be so much nicer before. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:grumpy: :mad: Its so cheasy looking. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

cronxeh
Gold Member
I agree. This is some tripped out hippy design :frown:

The dinosaur's refused to change to something new. "We like things just the way they are. Let those crazy monkeys dabble in 'evolution' I'm not changing." said Brutus Brontosaurus
"Me neither. I'm no mammal. Did you hear? they went with live births. HAHA HA! What's next opposable thumbs?" rumbled Rex
"Good one, Rex!" squeeked Pat Apatosaurus, "Look at me. I'm a monkey. Duh duh, I can make a tool. duh look I'm snapping my fingers."
"Change sucks, stagnation rules!" yelled Andy Ankylosaurus, "Brrrr, you guys feel that?"
"Yeah," said Rex, "getting downright chilly."
"I can help ya," squeeked Pat, "duh Look at me, I can handle fire. I'm a monkey. duh I can change my immediate surroundings. haha. That what you want Rex? want some climate control? haha Evolve befo..." Pat's squeeks were silenced as Rex devoured his head.
"That's enough talk about change. Now lets get busy not doing any. It is chilly though isn't it. Hey! Look a shooting star! Everyone make a wish. I wish it was a little bit warmer. Wow! that's one big shooting star isn't it. "

Well said both.

Bring back the old skin

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE

zanazzi78 said:
Well said both.
Bring back the old skin
PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE
You have the ability to change to the old skin by using the quick style chooser at the bottom left of every page.