Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF is taken over by space robots?

1. Nov 15, 2005 #1
    It's suddenly all metallic and 3D and stuff, with neon green buttons. Presumably we've been assimillated by extraterrestial robots?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We've always had neon green buttons, they just used to clash with the blue background. :biggrin: (You have no idea how thrilled I am that the site is finally color-coordinated again.) As you can see, we definitely tossed Evo's lace curtain suggestion.

Just wait until you've used it for a few days and then look back at the old skin (you can switch back to it in usercp if you wish)...you'll be shocked at how boring the old skin looks soon enough.

4. Nov 15, 2005 #3
    is this a permanent thing?

5. Nov 15, 2005 #4
    I thought my bookmarks were messed up at first, I don't like this new look.

6. Nov 15, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What is this, the year 3000? :(

7. Nov 15, 2005 #6
    OK, I'll give this a chance, but it IS irritating for the eyes. Maybe another "calm" skin in the future (yeah, I know, it's hard work)?

- Kamataat

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  8. Nov 15, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Give it a chance. It grows on you.

9. Nov 15, 2005 #8
    You can switch back to "PF Classic" using the quick style chooser at the bottom left of every page.

10. Nov 15, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Hey my style changed back to the original when i went to New Posts nad went to page #3.... and it seems to be stuck here :P

11. Nov 15, 2005 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Only because your rats chewed them up. :cry:

12. Nov 15, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, they needed some nesting material, and it was such nice, soft lace. :approve:

13. Nov 15, 2005 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not only has PF been taken over by mechanoid interstellar space faring monkeys of doom, but BREWNOG IS YELLOW!

WOO!

YAY!

14. Nov 15, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow! How will we ever find you on those big yellow machines when you just blend in like that?

15. Nov 15, 2005 #14

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll be the one digging the biggest holes, crushing cars, and generally causing the most amount of havoc, whilst cackling like a very happy lunatic.

16. Nov 15, 2005 #15
    I've been here 5 minutes... already switched back to classic.

17. Nov 15, 2005 #16
    yeah, i gave it a try. can't stand it. pf classic is well... classic.

18. Nov 15, 2005 #17
    Like, this new skin rocks mad..
    I especially like the small graphics around a thread..

Futuristic and awesome.

19. Nov 15, 2005 #18
    geez, you people. crawl out of your caves and join the civilized world. you know Greg is hanging around waiting to hear that all his hard work is appreciated, but all you do is ***** and moan. Tell Greg he did a good job. Tell him you love the new skin. and tell him change is good. Every time you change to the new skin an angel gets its wings.

20. Nov 15, 2005 #19
    hmm, you're right. i appreciate it very much that greg left the original scheme for us to continue to use. wtg greg!

21. Nov 15, 2005 #20
    New PF design

UGHHHHHHHH what did they do to this place? It used to be so much nicer before. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:grumpy: :mad: Its so cheasy looking. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?