PF PHOTO CONTEST - Happy Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy (9/22-9/27)

In summary: Happy Corgi! In summary, the PF members voted for the following picture as the best of the week: a Welsh Corgi that is clearly happy and content.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Happy Happy Happy! Joy Joy Joy!

NOTE: This contest will run for 1 day LESS than our regular contest. So make sure you get your pictures in on time!

Our theme this week is on happiness and joy. Your picture must clearly show individual or people in that state of happiness and/or joy.

Good luck!

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is the grand-daughter of one of my oldest and dearest friends. He had told her about my "pet" chipmunks that would climb on me, crawl into my pockets looking for sunflower seeds, and eat out of my hands. When she came to Maine on a rare visit from Ireland this summer, she just HAD to come visit and see my chipmunks. As luck would have it, they showed up and the chipmunks didn't, so she was a frustrated, bored little girl for several hours. She had to settle for watching the vole (just visible in the grass at the lower right) until just before she and her dad had to leave for a dinner date, when finally, one of the tamer chipmunks visited. She stayed quite still, holding seeds in her hands, and though the chipmunk wanted to come to me, I kept verbally encouraging the chipmunk whenever it approached her and eventually the "need for seed" overcame distrust of the new. Sophia was thrilled.

sophia650.jpg

Very nice shot, turbo.

neutrino said:
Very nice shot, turbo.
Thanks. She's a pretty little girl, and at age 5, she's proud that she can read "big people books" without pictures. She was disappointed about having to leave to have dinner with her grandmother. The chipmunk showed up just before the deadline and made her day. She still didn't want to leave because after unloading the first batch of seeds, the chipmunk came right back to her. Her father reminded her that she was going to able to tell the relatives all about her chipmunk, so she relented pretty cheerfully. Before she left, she asked "We can come again, right? Maybe tomorrow?" What a sweetie!

Last edited:
Wow! Not a lot of pictures of happiness and joy! This makes me sad!

You have 2 days left (with this shortened contest) to submit a picture for this contest.

Zz.

I'm not much of a person photographer! More interested in trees, hills and the like.
emily-1.jpg

This is Emily, and she's my hiking and photography buddy. We nearly froze our asses off on that frosty old hill for some good shots, but the smile says it was worth it :smile:

This is the Child of Evo dancing to "Walk like an Egyptian". She was 2. Notice the feet, it's amazing she didn't turn into a klutz like her mom.

dance1it3.jpg

I certainly would consider this as having a lot of happiness and a lot of joy! :)

img4616yk8.jpg

Zz.

hypatia said:
How do you make a Welsh Corgi happy?

Say the word, Treat!

zorroandRommy.jpg
OMG! We have a winner!

IMG_2046copy.jpg

Me and my cousin Quinner poo at his 1st b-day party:smile:

0TheSwerve0 said:
IMG_2046copy.jpg

Me and my cousin Quinner poo at his 1st b-day party:smile:

I'm assuming that this is a self-taken shot?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I'm assuming that this is a self-taken shot?

Zz.
I would expect so with the sun shining in the lens.

Haha, can't you tell by the oh so flattering angle? I mean we both look bald in this shot!

0TheSwerve0 said:
Haha, can't you tell by the oh so flattering angle? I mean we both look bald in this shot!

Well, I wasn't going to say anything since you could actually be bald, for all I know.

:)

Zz.

1. What is the theme of the PF Photo Contest?

The theme of the PF Photo Contest is "Happy Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy." Participants are encouraged to submit photos that capture moments of pure joy and happiness in their lives.

2. When is the submission deadline for the PF Photo Contest?

The submission deadline for the PF Photo Contest is September 27th. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on this date to be considered for the contest.

3. How many photos can I submit for the PF Photo Contest?

Each participant is allowed to submit up to three photos for the PF Photo Contest. However, only one photo per participant will be chosen as a finalist.

4. Who is eligible to participate in the PF Photo Contest?

The PF Photo Contest is open to everyone, regardless of age, location, or profession. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their photos.

5. How will the winners be chosen for the PF Photo Contest?

The winners of the PF Photo Contest will be chosen by a panel of judges based on the creativity, originality, and overall impact of the photos. The winning photos will be announced on October 1st.