PF Photo Contest - Reverse Alphabets (12/9-12/22)

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
upload_2017-12-22_15-29-5.png

Attachments

fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
So you posted an ad for Tang instead? You shoulda cropped the photo. :rolleyes:
Well, I guess the cropped version has been prepared to solve the Close-packing picture.

Borek
Mentor
This type of cropping counts as "digitally altered" and is definitely against the context contest rules.

Last edited:
OmCheeto
Gold Member
So you posted an ad for Tang instead? You shoulda cropped the photo. :rolleyes:
It was supposed to be a subliminal public service announcement; "Vitamin C is important to your health."

The hurricanes and fires this year deleted my orange crop at the supermarket this summer, and I had to get by, with some "sciencey" stuff NASA invented, some years back.

scottdave
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Looks like we're still on N. Newspaper .
Q6j1Riel.jpg

I altered to comply with the 800x600 limit.

Attachments

kuruman
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Much, much better. From wikipedia,
"Börek (Turkish pronunciation: [bøˈɾekʲ]; also burek and other variants) is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough known as phyllo (or yufka), of Anatolian origins and also found in the cuisines of the Balkans, Levant, Mediterranean, and other countries in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. A börek may be prepared in a large pan and cut into portions after baking, or as individual pastries. The top of the börek is often sprinkled with sesame seeds."
Snacks are snacks.

Borek
Mentor
Börek (Turkish pronunciation: [bøˈɾekʲ]; also burek and other variants)
We are far from B, but I do have picture of burek, taken in Croatia.

scottdave
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
It was supposed to be a subliminal public service announcement; "Vitamin C is important to your health."

The hurricanes and fires this year deleted my orange crop at the supermarket this summer, and I had to get by, with some "sciencey" stuff NASA invented, some years back.
I didn't realize you could still get Tang. I remember us having it when I was a kid. They used to have commercials on TV with astronauts.

Erunanethiel
I am from Turkey, so if anybody wants any börek let me know!

scottdave
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Rocket. I took this at Wallops Island in the late 1960' when I was working for NASA. I was very proud of myself for having caught more than just the smoke trail. These little devils shoot up out of the tower going really fast.

View attachment 216842
That is an awesome picture of a rocket launch, especially considering the equipment used to capture the photo. Today's photographers could take rapid shots and pick the one they like (not having to worry about film costs. Speaking of that, I saw that Polaroid instant cameras are coming back. It costs $2 per picture though. I remember having one of those when I was a teenager. It was pretty fun.

Orodruin
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Continuing the citrus theme. Before N comes M for Mandarins.
mandarinas.jpeg

Edit: If you look closely you will find that one wedge is missing from the peeled mandarin. I wonder who can solve this disappearance mystery ...

Attachments

Last edited: