Photo Contest - Working From Home (8/8-8/14)

In summary, the photo contest's purpose is to showcase the creativity and resilience of individuals working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is open to anyone currently working from home, and the photo submissions must be original and reflect the theme of "working from home". Winners will be selected based on creativity, originality, and relevance to the theme by a panel of judges, and prizes may include recognition, exposure, and potential rewards.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Working From Home

During the COVID-19 lockdown, many of us had to continue working from home, or continue our schooling from home. That is the theme for this week's contest. See if you can find photos that depicts your continued work or schooling from home, or from wherever the remote location you are or were.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've got a photo that I've taken wright now. It's the same as if I should have taken it during confinament here in Spain, from the 15th of march to april the 28th. It's a photo taken with my mobile phone, and I don't know if it suits. Did the pets work?. It's funny in my case
159689337257856654116.jpg

Likes etotheipi
On 3 March of this year I busted my leg on the ice. I spent the majority of my Covid time working on fusing bone from my home once the titanium alloy plate and seven pins were in place . My wife worked from home, though, and I was grateful to be in her care.
xray.jpg

• Wow
Likes Wrichik Basu, davenn, mcastillo356 and 1 other person
She's finding it hard being away from the lab, but is still continuing her research at home

image001.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes WWGD, berkeman, BillTre and 2 others
Rubidium_71 said:
On 3 March of this year I busted my leg on the ice. I spent the majority of my Covid time working on fusing bone from my home once the titanium alloy plate and seven pins were in place . My wife worked from home, though, and I was grateful to be in her care.
View attachment 267548

I'm still not sure how this fits into the theme... We also have in our rules about using photos of another picture, image, etc.

Zz.

Sorry, ZZ. Like I said, that is what I've been working on. If you think it's out of line, go ahead and disqualify me.

ZapperZ said:
I'm still not sure how this fits into the theme... ......

well, nor did the other two, so @Rubidium_71 should feel a bit hard done by :wink:

davenn said:
well, nor did the other two, so @Rubidium_71 should feel a bit hard done by :wink:

That's why I haven't asked for it to be removed. The bigger issue that I have is that it is a "photo of a photo", which is a no-no in our rules, rather than the content itself.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
The bigger issue that I have is that it is a "photo of a photo", which is a no-no in our rules, rather than the content itself

agreed :smile:

now had he shown us a photo with his leg in a cast etc. at his computer, it would have been perfect :wink:

My home office when the weather outside is nice.

IMG_3904.JPG

Zz.

Likes davenn, etotheipi, rsk and 3 others
Thanks, @davenn, for your support. :smile:
I thought I could get by with a photograph of my radiograph, but if it doesn't qualify that's ok with me. It would have been tough to take the x ray myself, the controls are in a separate room from the emitter. :wink:

Likes rsk, davenn and mcastillo356
Firecracker blast wave and other projects keep rolling along in the Courtney castle.

DSCN2042 (2).JPG

Likes BillTre, mcastillo356 and etotheipi
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

@Rubidium_71 : unfortunately, your photo does not qualify due to the "photo of a photo" rule. So if you want to replace that with something else, you still have time.

Zz.

IMG_20200815_071348.jpg
Working...Out

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Working From Home". Participants are encouraged to submit photos that capture the experience of working from home, whether it be a home office setup, a daily routine, or creative ways of staying productive while at home.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who is currently working from home or has worked from home in the past. This includes employees, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and students.

3. How do I enter the photo contest?

To enter the photo contest, simply submit your photo via email or social media with the designated hashtag. Make sure to include your name, contact information, and a brief description of your photo.

4. What are the judging criteria for the photo contest?

The photo contest will be judged based on creativity, originality, and relevance to the theme. Photos that effectively capture the experience of working from home will have a higher chance of winning.

5. What is the deadline for submitting photos?

The deadline for submitting photos is August 14th. Any photos submitted after this date will not be considered for the contest. Winners will be announced on August 21st.