Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pf version 4, profile contact details

1. Sep 20, 2014 #1

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

My account contact -details shows a field for Email, but no email information of my account is shown. Also, in case I want to change my email account for Physics Forums account, how and exactly where is this done?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2014 #2

DataGG

Gold Member

Go to "MY PF", then go to "Contact details". The first thing you see is "email".

4. Sep 20, 2014 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I already found that which is why I asked the question. Would I just fill my intended different email address and click to SAVE? The field shows just my member name prefilled, which is NOT identical to my current email address for my forum membership.

5. Sep 20, 2014 #4
    That is strange. Your current email should be populated in it. Try clearing your browser cache and relogin.

6. Sep 20, 2014 #5

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The prefilling is an effect of Norton 360 Identity Safe, and the field probably means what its label means. I'm in a new browser session now and my forum member name is present in that field along with the Norton styled icon.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook