1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Philosophy Books(for Theoretical Physics)

1. Jan 17, 2010 #1
    Science is independent of philosophy, however, Theoretical Physics is not JUST a science and sometimes philosophical arguments are employed. I have noticed that, although I do independent philosophy, I have never studied formal philosophy.

Can any of you recommend me a book on philosophy that, without being to verbose, covers the topics for someone who would want to eventually enter the field of theoretical physics? I would like it to be thought provoking too while still being somewhat concise.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2010 #2
    frontiers:twentieth-century physics by steve adams

4. Jan 26, 2010 #3
    That looks like a popular level science book than a philosophical one(I do not need a book about mysticism about Quantum Mechanics), I just want a book that is fairly unbiased and shows the major schools of thought of physical philosophy.

For example, is Philosophy of Physics by Sklar good.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook