Photo Contest - Autumn/Fall (Nov 8-15)

  • Thread starter Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
44 replies · 7K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Japanese maple tree in my backyard, 2 days ago. Today those leaves are noticeably browner.

JapMaple_Fall2008_7217.jpg
 
Redbelly98 said:
Japanese maple tree in my backyard, 2 days ago. Today those leaves are noticeably browner.

Acer palmatum, likely var dissectum. Do a google image on that. Awesome tree.
 
larkspur said:
Wonderful Mushroom Marzena!

Thanks, larkspur
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Coprinus comatus. It looks more or less nice when it is young, but when it gets older (and that means just a day or two) its edge turns into disgusting black, dripping fluid. Calling this particular mushroom wonderfull is an abuse of the word :wink:
 
GeorginaS said:
I want to live in the world the way larkspur sees it.

Meet you there :smile:
 
Borek said:
Coprinus comatus. It looks more or less nice when it is young, but when it gets older (and that means just a day or two) its edge turns into disgusting black, dripping fluid. Calling this particular mushroom wonderfull is an abuse of the word :wink:
I would like to start taking mushroom photos. They have piqued my interest for some reason.
I shall have to find some first...
 
GeorginaS said:
I want to live in the world the way larkspur sees it.

I tend to look at everything like I was seeing it through the camera. Gets me in trouble sometimes while I am driving :biggrin:
 
Redbelly98 said:
I imagine that would annoy one's spouse/s.o. too.

Not if I'm using a macro lens.:redface:
 
Redbelly98 said:
Japanese maple tree in my backyard, 2 days ago. Today those leaves are noticeably browner.

JapMaple_Fall2008_7217.jpg

i have one of those!
 
Cool tree. Our cat loves to hang out under it on hot summer days. I keep the branches trimmed back from touching the ground, mainly so we can tell if he's under there.

I did Andre's suggested google search, but haven't make it past the Wikipedia article. Just need a wee bit more free time.