Photo Contest - When You Wish Upon A Star (7/6 - 7/16)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 7K views
neutrino said:
Nice picture. You might want to get some more pictures of the surrounding area as well. It seems they won't remain the same for long. :frown:
http://skyandtelescope.com/news/article_1738_1.asp

Yeah, I know about that, which is too bad.

And yes, I did take a lot of pictures of the surrounding, and will take more during the banquet.

Zz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
Okay, I think this is the best I'm going to get. I learned a lot about how to use my camera tonight, but without a tripod, I'm going to pass out from holding my breath if I make any more attempts to get a steadier shot. It's not quite what I was hoping for, but at least it's something.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6250/mooniesmoon0sn.jpg
[/URL]

I like the clouds and the colors!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#$%&#*

I just got back from visiting the Evergreen Aviation Museum today, and they had added a couple of new exhibits which fit right in with the theme of this constest. I got photos, but I've already submitted a photo for this contest! (and a lame one at that!)
 
Janus said:
#$%&#*

I just got back from visiting the Evergreen Aviation Museum today, and they had added a couple of new exhibits which fit right in with the theme of this constest. I got photos, but I've already submitted a photo for this contest! (and a lame one at that!)


You're telling me!

We had our banquet at Yerkes last Thursday, and we had perfect weather for viewing, etc. So I also have more pictures of the historic facility, especially on that refracting telescope, that are a lot more interesting than the one I submitted.

Zz.
 
I'm ending this particular contest right now since I'm guessing that there's no more entries, even though there's still several hours left today. I'm not waiting till tomorrow to do all the polling because I can already tell that tomorrow will be hellish for me. So if you have a picture but haven't submitted it yet, you're out of luck.

Zz.