Physics master's program still open?

In summary, a physics master's program is a graduate-level degree program that focuses on advanced concepts in the field of physics. It is still possible to apply for this program, as many universities have rolling admissions. The requirements for admission may include a bachelor's degree in a related field and submission of transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. It is also possible to pursue a physics master's program with a non-physics undergraduate degree, but some universities may require additional prerequisite courses. A physics master's degree can lead to career opportunities in research, teaching, and various industries that require a strong understanding of physics principles.
Sigma057
I'm desperate to continue my physics education in the fall of 2016. I applied to NIU for a physics master because of its July deadline.

Does anyone know of any other physics master programs with open deadlines?

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is a physics master's program?

A physics master's program is a graduate-level degree program that focuses on advanced concepts in the field of physics. It typically involves coursework, research, and a thesis project.

2. Is it still possible to apply for a physics master's program?

Yes, it is still possible to apply for a physics master's program. Many universities have rolling admissions, which means they accept applications throughout the year. However, it is always best to check with the specific program and university for their application deadlines.

3. What are the requirements for a physics master's program?

The requirements for a physics master's program vary depending on the university, but generally, applicants must have a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as physics, mathematics, or engineering. They may also need to submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.

4. Can I pursue a physics master's program with a non-physics undergraduate degree?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a physics master's program with a non-physics undergraduate degree. However, some universities may require applicants to complete certain prerequisite courses before being admitted into the program.

5. What career opportunities are available with a physics master's degree?

A physics master's degree can lead to various career opportunities, including research positions in academia or industry, teaching at the secondary or collegiate level, and roles in government or private sector organizations that require a strong understanding of physics principles.