Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pinterest will you ? I am seriously thinking about it

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1

rhody

Gold Member

Is Pinterest the next Facebook ? CNN Money Article: March 22, 2012
    Those who know me, know where I am going next now, don't you... hehe...

Gorgeous Hot Pepper Photos...

Rhody....

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2012 #2

rhody

Gold Member

I knew it would not take too many nanoseconds before someone would try to scam Pinterest.
    I was not to be disappointed:
    Pinterest, plug the hole please, this is not that hard to do... make real people post real images.

Rhody... sigh... :rolleyes:

4. Mar 28, 2012 #3

rhody

Gold Member

You have to request an invitation to join, which I have done, so there isn't much to report on at the moment. I will report back once I an on.

Rhody...

5. Mar 28, 2012 #4
    Does it extend beyond pictures? I like pictures, but I use Facebook to share articles, news, video, music, events, etc ...

6. Mar 28, 2012 #5

rhody

Gold Member

Adyssa,

I can't say for sure, but I am told you post by subject category. I will let you know the good bad and ugly when I get access. The news reports says it makes FB owner Zuckerburg nervous. I don't believe the hype, at least not yet, if they attract over 100 million followers, who knows. Only time will tell for sure.

Rhody...

7. Mar 30, 2012 #6

rhody

Gold Member

Ohhh, sigh. Just got my invitation finally from Pinterest, it seems membership is contingent on belonging to FB or Twitter. I am resisting that with a vengance, but may be forced to succomb when I start my business. If anyone following is using it, please report it. With this number of views and no posts so far, I doubt anyone here is using it.

Rhody...

8. Mar 30, 2012 #7

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I registered for pinterest months ago; haven't touched it sense.

9. Mar 30, 2012 #8

rhody

Gold Member

I agree, if they decouple it from faceplant and twatter, I may join, I haven't gotten my google+ circles circling the wagon yet either, I think it would be nice to have a small trusted circle of like minded souls who share ideas, this is a useful feature that I could subscribe to. I have sent a few invitations to folks, no bites yet I am glad I switched to gmail a long time ago.

Rhody...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  10. Mar 30, 2012 #9

Pythagorean

Gold Member

maybe try Linkedin?

I meant since :(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook