Pit bull attacked my dogs in the park, owner blamed me for kicking it

  • Thread starter Thread starter Integral
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 6K views
Physics news on Phys.org
LOL, the paperboy stories brought back some memories. I was dog attacked twice. once by something huge, like a Great Dane, he bent down to nip me on t he hip. The other time a pack of Silkies poured out from under a garage door open 3", and one nipped my ankle.

It is too bad that so many dogs get punished and even put down because they have a irresponsible owner.
 
In the park where I volunteered for over 18 years, I got to know a retired Colonel who was authoritative yet kind, but experienced an sad incident when he was walking his toy dog. Some jerks let their large dogs off leash, which attacked the toy and killed it. They left the scene in a hurry and without any remorse, but unfortunately the Colonel didn't have enough information to pursue these transgressors.
 
Loren Booda said:
In the park where I volunteered for over 18 years, I got to know a retired Colonel who was authoritative yet kind, but experienced an sad incident when he was walking his toy dog. Some jerks let their large dogs off leash, which attacked the toy and killed it. They left the scene in a hurry and without any remorse, but unfortunately the Colonel didn't have enough information to pursue these transgressors.

After reporting the attack, I jumped on my bike and headed back to the park just to be there when animal control showed up so I could direct them to the correct dogs. While I was waiting an old couple with their yippy Toy Poodle and a mini dust mop showed up, the old man uses a cane and the lady just hobbles along, she can barely hold back the Poodle. Nice people, I have talked to them several times. I hate to think what would have happened if they had been the victims of the attack. I am still way more upset at the jerk, irresponsible owner then the dog.
 
Integral said:
I am still way more upset at the jerk, irresponsible owner then the dog.

Dogs don't kill people, people kill people?
 
I'm glad that you and the puppies are alright. That could have been a very bad situation.