Please choose language setting

• Lingusitics
  • Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Language
In summary, the conversation discusses a new software installation that is expected to upset those on the west side of the Atlantic. The conversation also touches on a website for those interested and mentions a distinction between traditional and simplified Chinese in regards to font options on Macs.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
a new software install ...
this is going to upset those on the west side of the Atlantic :wink::wink::-p

choose which language.jpg

for those interested ... http://store.steampowered.com/
isn't my thing thoDave

Likes 1oldman2, Pepper Mint, ProfuselyQuarky and 2 others
Science news on Phys.org
Oh crap that's funny! :biggrin:

Likes davenn
uh huh, I had to laugh when my friend showed it to me ... sorry ... no I'm not :-p :wink:

Maybe "English (Simplified)" is what we call around here "text-speak". :-p

Likes 1oldman2 and davenn
davenn said:
a new software install ...
this is going to upset those on the west side of the Atlantic :wink::wink::-p

View attachment 100599

for those interested ... http://store.steampowered.com/
isn't my thing thoDave
Interestingly, they make the same type of distinction between China and Taiwan...

Apple has distinguished between traditional and simplified Chinese for as long as I can remember seeing Chinese font options on Macs, going back 20-25 years at least.

There are three properties first before traditional came to my mind. From a foreign point of view one has a far better distance to judge.

What is the purpose of the "Please choose language setting" feature?

The purpose of the "Please choose language setting" feature is to allow users to select their preferred language for use on a website or application. This allows for a more personalized and user-friendly experience for individuals who may speak different languages.

How do I change the language setting on a website or application?

To change the language setting on a website or application, look for a language selector or dropdown menu in the settings or preferences section. This will allow you to choose your desired language and save the changes.

Why is it important to have a language setting feature?

Having a language setting feature is important because it allows for inclusivity and accessibility for individuals who may not speak the default language of a website or application. It also allows for a wider reach and audience for the website or application.

Is the "Please choose language setting" feature available in all languages?

In most cases, the "Please choose language setting" feature will be available in multiple languages. However, this may vary depending on the website or application and the languages it supports.

Can I change the language setting to a language that is not listed?

It depends on the website or application. Some may offer a wide range of language options, while others may only support a select few. If the desired language is not listed, it is best to contact the website or application's support team for further assistance.