Please help me to choose 3 rd Year Maths modules at QMUL

In summary, the person wants to do research in a normal job after undergrad, and they are interested in patterns and math that can be useful in the real world.
AryaSravaka
Dear Sir,Madam,Friends

1)I did well in Number theory and found it easy. will " combinatorics" module be easy for me?

2) I have not put any time into studying Statistics & even did not bother to pass intro to Stat module. will Actuarial maths be easy for me ? does actuarial maths have a lot of stats and probability? or just substituting from formulas.

3) Today I had Integral and differential analysis exam. exam just went crazy, very hard.
will the Complex analysis module be easy for me ?

4) How hard is coding theory?

I have to choose
One of
Actuarial maths, Coding theory,complex variables.
and
One of
Metric spaces , Combinatorics

your help is very appreciated.
With metta kindness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmlQ9qGomG0&feature=relmfu" fastforward to 04:00 minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You're not giving usd the correct information here. You seem like you want to know what will be easy. But that's not the correct question, the correct question is "will it be useful/interesting?"

So, answer this:

- What do you want to do after undergrad?? Research in what?? Get a job in what??
- What did you find interesting so far?? What would you like to know more of??

micromass said:
You're not giving usd the correct information here. You seem like you want to know what will be easy. But that's not the correct question, the correct question is "will it be useful/interesting?"

So, answer this:

- What do you want to do after undergrad?? Research in what?? Get a job in what??
- What did you find interesting so far?? What would you like to know more of??

1) I want to find a normal job ( government jobs are ok) so I can earn enough money to live, not expecting to do a job in a big bank with big pay
2) I like to know about patterns , like in a beautiful mind movie.:biggrin:
well, i like to invent some kind of useful formulae/equation that would change the world. ie - the simply forumuale will have applications in real world. so that will be benificial..
:)
But right now i just want to pass the exam sir.

MAy u be well. Thankx

What are the available 3rd year Maths modules at QMUL?

There are a variety of 3rd year Maths modules offered at QMUL, including Algebraic Geometry, Number Theory, and Mathematical Modeling. You can find a full list of available modules on the QMUL website or by consulting with your academic advisor.

What are the prerequisites for 3rd year Maths modules at QMUL?

The prerequisites for 3rd year Maths modules at QMUL vary depending on the specific module. However, it is generally expected that students have completed relevant 1st and 2nd year Maths courses, and have a strong foundation in calculus, linear algebra, and abstract algebra.

How do I choose the best 3rd year Maths modules for my academic and career goals?

When choosing 3rd year Maths modules, it is important to consider your academic interests and career goals. Look at the course descriptions and learning outcomes for each module, and speak with your academic advisor for guidance on which modules align with your interests and goals.

Can I take 3rd year Maths modules from other departments or universities?

It is possible to take 3rd year Maths modules from other departments or universities, but this should be discussed with your academic advisor beforehand. Make sure to confirm that the module will count towards your degree requirements and that you have the necessary prerequisites.

What is the workload like for 3rd year Maths modules at QMUL?

The workload for 3rd year Maths modules at QMUL can vary depending on the module and your own study habits. Generally, you can expect to have lectures, problem sets, and possibly a project or exam for each module. It is important to manage your time effectively and seek help if you are struggling with the workload.