Plotting more than one tally together in VISED MCNP version

In summary, the user can change parameters in the materials section of the input file and then reread the tally to plot two different curves on the same graph in the VISED version of MCNP software. However, this may require making adjustments to the input file and consulting the user manual or other experienced users for guidance.
alaa y okasha
Hello, every body, I'm a new gust in this forum , and I have a question to the users of the simulation VISED version of MCNP software.
Can we change some parameters in the materials part of the input file then reread the tally again to plot two different curves together on the same graph, or this couldn't be made directly as I say

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, you can change some parameters in the materials part of the input file and then reread the tally again to plot two different curves together on the same graph. However, the results of the simulation will not be affected by changing the parameters in the input file. If you want to see how the results of the simulation are affected by changing the parameters, then you will need to rerun the simulation with the new parameters.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum! To answer your question, yes, it is possible to change parameters in the materials section of the input file and then reread the tally to plot two different curves on the same graph. However, it may not be a direct process and you may need to make some adjustments to the input file before rereading the tally. It would be best to consult the user manual or reach out to other users who have experience with the VISED version of MCNP software for specific instructions on how to do this. Hope this helps!

I'm beginner in Vised and i want to understand how to create a source gamma / X. For that i think vised is the best tool to see what does it change when i change my imput file but i can't do this change by open Imput File -> Save--Update, How does it work ?

1) How do I plot multiple tallies in VISED MCNP version?

To plot multiple tallies in VISED MCNP version, you can use the "Plot Tally" option from the "Tally" menu. This will allow you to select multiple tallies and plot them together on the same graph.

2) Can I customize the appearance of the plot for multiple tallies?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the plot for multiple tallies by selecting the "Customize Plot" option from the "Tally" menu. This will allow you to change the colors, line styles, and other properties for each tally on the plot.

3) How can I compare the data from multiple tallies on the same plot?

To compare the data from multiple tallies on the same plot, you can use the "Overlay Tally" option from the "Tally" menu. This will overlay the data from one tally on top of another, making it easier to compare the results.

4) Is it possible to add a legend to a plot with multiple tallies?

Yes, you can add a legend to a plot with multiple tallies by selecting the "Add Legend" option from the "Tally" menu. This will create a legend that labels each tally on the plot.

5) How can I export a plot with multiple tallies to a file?

To export a plot with multiple tallies to a file, you can use the "Export Plot" option from the "File" menu. This will allow you to save the plot as an image or a data file, which can then be used for further analysis or presentation.