1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pls help me with my Resistivity Question in pHysics due tomorrow morning.

1. Jan 20, 2009 #1
    Pls help me..thanks

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

17. How long should a copper wire 20 mills in diameter be for it to have a resistance of 5.0Ω?

20. An electric motor draw 10 A from a 240-V source 120 ft away. What is the minimum diameter of the copper wire in mills if the voltage drop is not to exceed 2%?

22. A copper wire 1.0 mm in diameter carries a current of 12 A. Find the potential difference between two points in the wire that are 100m apart.

24. The resistance of a copper wire is 100 Ω @ 20oC. Find its resistance at 0oC and at 80oC

25. An iron wire has a resistance of 2.00 Ω at 0oC and a resistance of 2.46 Ω at 45oC. Find the temperature coefficient of resistivity of the wire

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

What is it you don't understand?

You need to show some effort and identify where you are stuck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?