Possible cause of the Uncertainty effect on leptons

In summary: HUP.In summary, Austin believes that the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle is caused by the movement of electrons and that it can be accounted for by subatomic relativistic effects. He also believes that the HUP applies to all particles, not just those with mass.
mayeraus41
Hi! I had a thought as to how leptons hold the properties attributed to them by Heisenberg and modern quantum mechanics.

It is my belief that the Uncertainty principle is caused only by the fact that the fast moving electrons distort space and time in their local fields. This may be accounted for by sub atomic relativistic effects acting on the lepton particle with certain characteristics of matter and energy, as if it were uncertain whether to be of the two. The dual characteristics provide it with unique properties and of such, is the ability to exist as a probability. The particle may even, due to its quantum characteristics, exist in multiple dimensions where time and space act upon matter differently than our own but still affecting this universe.

If it is at all possible that someone could either offer a better explanation or whether i could be right or wrong (the uncertainty is killing me!) that would be great.

Thanks, Austin

Physics news on Phys.org
mayeraus41 said:
It is my belief that the Uncertainty principle is caused only by the fact that the fast moving electrons distort space and time in their local fields. This may be accounted for by sub atomic relativistic effects acting on the lepton particle with certain characteristics of matter and energy, as if it were uncertain whether to be of the two.

Your hypothesis is falsified by about 10 different things. For one, the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (HUP) applies to all quantum objects. That would be slow moving molecules, particles with no rest mass, etc. The HUP does not require, for its application, for anything to be particularly moving as it applies to particle spin components too (don't mistake that for meaning something is literally spinning, because it isn't). Also, it applies to separate entangled particle pairs - which by your idea it shouldn't.

There are tens of thousands of papers being published annually on QM, and it has been around for over 80 years. I would recommend you learn a little more about some of the basics of Quantum theory before you go too far with your speculations. :smile: Just a little friendly advice.

Exactly, trust me not an unexpected response. In my opinion, a wrong answer is worth more than a correct one. :smile:

So to your knowledge, what causes the properties of "HUP" particles?
And by that do you mean all fermions are subject to HUP?

mayeraus41 said:
So to your knowledge, what causes the properties of "HUP" particles?
And by that do you mean all fermions are subject to HUP?

I have no idea of the cause other than it is a consequence of the postulates of QM.

The HUP applies to bosons, fermions, atoms, molecules... even to me. Although as mass/particle number increases, the effect decreases substantially.

DrChinese said:
The HUP applies to bosons, fermions, atoms, molecules... even to me. Although as mass/particle number increases, the effect decreases substantially.
So its just a matter of perspective at that rate?

An interesting thought in you saying that... if mass as a conglomeration is effected (nominally of course) then are gravitational waves also subject to uncertainty?

mayeraus41 said:
So its just a matter of perspective at that rate?

An interesting thought in you saying that... if mass as a conglomeration is effected (nominally of course) then are gravitational waves also subject to uncertainty?

No one knows if gravity is actually a quantum force or not. So that is an open question.

As you said bosons, and to that extent hadrons, which are the main constituents of mass also are subjugated to quantum effects. As gravity is clearly defined by modern understanding to be consequential of the existence of mass, which is subject to HUP, it must have a "probable" field. I don't see how that could be a question.

mayeraus41 said:
As you said bosons, and to that extent hadrons, which are the main constituents of mass also are subjugated to quantum effects. As gravity is clearly defined by modern understanding to be consequential of the existence of mass, which is subject to HUP, it must have a "probable" field. I don't see how that could be a question.

Well, for one thing, there is not the slightest evidence of it.

Explain.

Originally there was an absence of evidence for Einsteins claims.

I think you are missing an important point: the HUP applies to EVERY conjugate pair, not only to particles.
A good example (and it is good because it happens to be what I work on :smile:) is that the HUP applies to the charge and phase of an electrical circuit. In other words, if you use a QM description of a simple passive electrical circuit (with resistors, capacitors and inductors) you will find that the charge (of say the capacitor) and the phase of the electrical signal are bound by the HUP.
Note that the properties of electrons etc are complettely irrelvant here, it is a "macroscopic" property of all electrical circuits (in the limit of very low temperatures etc, or otherwise the effect will be hidden by thermal fluctuations.

There are lots of examples like this. The key here is to realize that QM describes everything around us, it is not just a theory of atoms and subatomic particles.

mayeraus41 said:
Originally there was an absence of evidence for Einsteins claims.

That probably makes more sense to you than to me. No evidence is no evidence.

On the other hand, there was, in fact, immediate evidence for many of Einstein's theoretical advances. And most importantly, they usually made new predictions which could be used to test the theory further.

1. What is the uncertainty effect on leptons?

The uncertainty effect on leptons refers to the inherent uncertainty or unpredictability in the behavior and properties of subatomic particles known as leptons. This uncertainty is a fundamental aspect of quantum mechanics and is described by the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

2. What causes the uncertainty effect on leptons?

The uncertainty effect on leptons is caused by the inherent probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics. According to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, it is impossible to know with certainty both the position and momentum of a particle at the same time. This leads to a fundamental uncertainty in the behavior of leptons.

3. How does the uncertainty effect on leptons impact scientific research?

The uncertainty effect on leptons has a significant impact on scientific research, particularly in the field of particle physics. It means that scientists cannot make precise predictions about the behavior or properties of leptons, making it challenging to understand and study them in depth.

4. Are there any potential explanations for the uncertainty effect on leptons?

There are several potential explanations for the uncertainty effect on leptons, including the idea that particles at the quantum level exist in multiple states simultaneously. This concept, known as superposition, could explain the inherent unpredictability of leptons.

5. Is it possible to overcome the uncertainty effect on leptons?

No, it is not possible to overcome the uncertainty effect on leptons. It is a fundamental aspect of quantum mechanics and is considered to be a fundamental limitation in our understanding of the behavior of subatomic particles. However, scientists continue to study and research this phenomenon in hopes of gaining a deeper understanding of the underlying principles at play.