Post Count - Posts Disappearing

• Bug
  • Thread starter JaredJames
  • Start date
He suspected that some posts may have been deleted, as he didn't think he had made that many in a single thread. This was confirmed when he noticed his "posts per day" number had also dropped. Jared asked for help and was advised to check his PM box. In summary, Jared's post count dropped from 638 to 606 and he suspected some posts were deleted. This was confirmed and he was advised to check his PM box for more information.
JaredJames
Not entirely sure if it's a bug or a thread at some point has been deleted but I've just noticed my post count went from being around 638 last night (a number it has been around for the last 4 days) to 606 today.

Normally, not too bothered about the post count but the loss of 30-odd posts is slightly concerning to me. I don't think I've put that many into a single thread so a few would have to be deleted for it to get that high.

I've just confirmed my suspicions because last night I had a "posts per day" number of 0.70, now it's 0.66.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jared

Physics news on Phys.org
jarednjames said:
I don't think I've put that many into a single thread so a few would have to be deleted for it to get that high.
It appears that this is the case, you can check your PM box.

Thank you for your help, all is clear now.

Jared

1. Why are my posts disappearing from my post count?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that your posts were deleted by a moderator or administrator. Another possibility is that the posts were moved to a different forum or category, which may affect your post count in the original forum.

2. Will my post count be affected if I edit or delete my posts?

Yes, editing or deleting a post can affect your post count. If you edit a post, it may no longer be counted as a new post. If you delete a post, it will no longer be included in your post count.

3. Can I recover my posts if they have disappeared from my post count?

It depends on the reason for the disappearance. If your posts were deleted by a moderator or administrator, they may be able to recover them for you. If the posts were moved, you can try searching for them in the new location. If you edited or deleted the posts yourself, they cannot be recovered.

4. Do posts in private forums count towards my post count?

It depends on the specific forum and its settings. Some private forums may count towards your post count, while others may not. It is best to check with the forum's guidelines or administrators to determine how post counts are affected in private forums.

5. How often is the post count updated?

This varies depending on the forum software and settings. In most cases, the post count is updated in real-time or on a regular basis, such as once a day. However, there may be delays or glitches that can affect the post count updates. If you notice a significant change in your post count, it is best to contact a moderator or administrator for assistance.