Postdoctoral Fellow in Beer Studies

In summary, a physicist has been appointed as a Beer Studies Fellow in a college, causing amusement among students. The article was posted on April Fool's Day and has sparked a discussion about the possibility of using this as a promotion for majoring in physics. Some joke that the physicist's nickname may be "student-t".
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This sounds like a college student wet dream.

A physicist has been appointed as a http://media.www.lawrentian.com/media/storage/paper409/news/2007/04/01/Erotica/Marler.To.Become.First.Beer.Studies.Fellow-2828558.shtml" . The news article is actually pretty hilarious!

Now that might explain why I have such an affinity for freshly-baked bread and why I learned how to bake bread myself while I was preparing for my oral exam.

Before you fall off your chair, look at the posted date of this "news" article. I am so hoping that this was a joke, for their sake.

:biggrin:

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
And we have a thread about not doing a Ph.D in Physics. :eek:

JasonRox said:
And we have a thread about not doing a Ph.D in Physics. :eek:

I think if we can use this as a promotion, we'd have a flood of people who'd want to major in physics.

Of course, at least half of them would be in a constant state of drunken stupor...

:biggrin:

Zz.

Is his nickname student-t?

:rofl::rofl: This cannot be true!

What is a postdoctoral fellowship in beer studies?

A postdoctoral fellowship in beer studies is a research position that is typically undertaken by individuals who have recently completed their doctoral degree. It allows them to continue their research in a specific field, in this case, beer studies, under the guidance of a mentor or senior researcher. It is a temporary position that usually lasts for one to three years.

What qualifications are required to become a postdoctoral fellow in beer studies?

To become a postdoctoral fellow in beer studies, you must have a doctoral degree in a relevant field such as food science, chemistry, microbiology, or agricultural sciences. You should also have a strong background in research and be able to demonstrate your expertise through publications, presentations, and other academic achievements.

What are the responsibilities of a postdoctoral fellow in beer studies?

The responsibilities of a postdoctoral fellow in beer studies may vary depending on the specific research project and the institution they are working at. However, common responsibilities include conducting research experiments, analyzing data, writing papers for publication, presenting findings at conferences, and assisting with teaching or mentoring undergraduate or graduate students.

What are the benefits of a postdoctoral fellowship in beer studies?

There are several benefits of pursuing a postdoctoral fellowship in beer studies. It allows you to continue your research in a specific area of interest, gain valuable experience, and develop new skills. It also provides an opportunity to build a professional network and collaborate with other researchers in the field. Additionally, many postdoctoral fellowships offer a competitive salary and benefits package.

What career opportunities are available after completing a postdoctoral fellowship in beer studies?

Completing a postdoctoral fellowship in beer studies can open up various career opportunities in academia, industry, and government sectors. Some postdoctoral fellows may choose to continue their research and pursue a tenure-track faculty position at a university, while others may transition into roles in the brewing industry, such as a quality control or research and development scientist. Government agencies may also hire postdoctoral fellows to work on research projects related to beer and other alcoholic beverages.

Back