Postgrad Study: Nottingham vs Sussex - Choose Your Best Fit

  • Thread starter Thread starter helpcometk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Postgraduate Study
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
helpcometk
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
For a postgraduate study in physics which university is better: Nottingham or Sussex?Sussex is not a Russel group university ,but in the last rankings is in the top 50 of the world.
On the other hand Nottingham is an older university+ a russel group university.
So i would like to hear opinions which one would you choose and why.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Masters or PhD? Coursework or research?

This is going to sound bad, but I live and study in the UK and I didn't know that there was a university of Sussex. I know that Nottingham is a very good university (not the same place as Nottingham Trent, btw).

Really, it depends a lot on the course/project and what you want to get out of it. If it was just about status, then Nottingham.
 
Im interested for postgraduate taught programmes,and theoretical physics stuff.
Thanks for the reply