Powers of p and q from a=v^p*t^q

  • Thread starter Thread starter valerieangel
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
valerieangel
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
How do I go about solving for the powers of p and q to make the equation dimensionally consistent?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm assuming v is velocity, t is time and a is acceleration?

Acceleration has units of m/s2, while velocity has units of m/s. So the only valid values of p and q would have to be p = 1 and q = -1.
 
dipole said:
I'm assuming v is velocity, t is time and a is acceleration?

Acceleration has units of m/s2, while velocity has units of m/s. So the only valid values of p and q would have to be p = 1 and q = -1.

Yes, I failed to mention that. Thank you for your help. :smile: