Precalculus and secondary math study resources

In summary: Calculus (advanced)In summary, the conversation is about two individuals discussing their search for good resources and help for studying secondary math and precalculus. One person suggests a resource called Plainmath where they can ask questions, while the other mentions a website called OpenStax for free resources. The conversation also touches on the progression of math courses in high school, from introductory algebra to advanced calculus.
tanotshaun
Hey! Now I am also just starting to study secondary math and precalculus, so I am in search of good resources and help. Since I don’t understand a lot of things and I cannot to solve on my own. I have advised you one more resource that I found yesterday. It is called Plainmath, where you can ask any question that interests you. I hope this will help you (as well as me) understand many of the nuances.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can always find help in our homework forums on PF, and some good sources here:
https://openstax.org/subjects

There might be better ones, but OpenStax allows you to figure out what you do understand already and what not for free.

tanotshaun said:
Hey! Now I am also just starting to study secondary math and precalculus, so I am in search of good resources and help. Since I don’t understand a lot of things and I cannot to solve on my own. I have advised you one more resource that I found yesterday. It is called Plainmath, where you can ask any question that interests you. I hope this will help you (as well as me) understand many of the nuances.
High school? Secondary Math? Tell exactly what you are studying. One way to view the progression of Mathematics courses which may be available to high school students on a college preparatory "track" is
(1) Algebra 1 (basic, introductory, elementary)
(2) Algebra 2 (intermediate)
(3) "Mathematical Analysis"(not very good terminology) (Pre-Calculus, or easily thought as Algebra 3)

1. What is Precalculus?

Precalculus is a branch of mathematics that is typically taken after Algebra 2 and before Calculus. It covers topics such as functions, graphs, trigonometry, and basic calculus concepts.

2. Why is Precalculus important?

Precalculus is important because it provides the foundation for more advanced math courses, such as Calculus. It also helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are applicable in many fields.

3. What are some good resources for studying Precalculus?

Some good resources for studying Precalculus include textbooks, online tutorials, practice problems, and study groups. There are also many websites and apps that offer interactive practice and explanations for Precalculus topics.

4. How can I improve my understanding of secondary math concepts?

To improve your understanding of secondary math concepts, it is important to practice regularly and seek help when needed. You can also try breaking down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable parts and using visual aids to better understand the material.

5. What are some tips for success in Precalculus and secondary math courses?

Some tips for success in Precalculus and secondary math courses include staying organized, practicing regularly, seeking help when needed, and actively participating in class. It is also important to review previous material and make connections between different concepts to deepen your understanding.