Privacy option-View Identity

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
In summary: I always press the logout button after my work is done and login whenever I wish by typing name and...staff:admin
Raghav Gupta
What happens if we click my PF and then go in privacy and deselect last option view identities?

Physics news on Phys.org
Identities are set in the contact details section and include Skype, Google Talk, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Orodruin said:
Identities are set in the contact details section and include Skype, Google Talk, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
That I know but what happens when we go in privacy section and deselect view your identities option?

Then people will not be able to see any identities you might have entered.

Orodruin said:
Then people will not be able to see any identities you might have entered.
Okay, but I see when we click on name of any member a status on right comes, viewing so and so thread and in some members a blank space comes when they are active also. What is the option for that?

Raghav Gupta said:
Okay, but I see when we click on name of any member a status on right comes, viewing so and so thread and in some members a blank space comes when they are active also. What is the option for that?
That is reserved for gold members.

But some non-gold members are able to hide that. How?
Can I give you examples?

Raghav Gupta said:
But some non-gold members are able to hide that. How?
Can I give you examples?
Staff and advisors also may have it.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Staff and advisors also may have it.
Excluding that still there are some more people.

Raghav Gupta said:
Excluding that still there are some more people.
Can you show me an example?

Greg Bernhardt said:
gracy's last seen is showing, mooncrater might have been on a page not tracked or on the homepage.
To me gracy last seen is not showing.
It might be because you are staff:admin ?

Raghav Gupta said:
To me gracy last seen is not showing.
It might be because you are staff:admin ?
Could be, I don't know.

Is it also that when we logout it is not seen. Can you see what I am viewing now?

Raghav Gupta said:
Is it also that when we logout it is not seen. Can you see what I am viewing now?
Yes, you are still logged in

Greg Bernhardt said:
Could be, I don't know.
So can You tag here some non gold members to check that what I am saying in post 13?
Or if you have another non-gold member account ( I think you can create multiple accounts), can you check that?
Or could I tag some members here also?

Raghav Gupta said:
So can You tag here some non gold members to check that what I am saying in post 13?
Or if you have another non-gold member account ( I think you can create multiple accounts), can you check that?
Or could I tag some members here also?
May I ask why this is so important to you?

Greg Bernhardt said:
May I ask why this is so important to you?
So I can converse with my friend mooncrater here on physics topics by seeing that thing.
But don't know how he is able to hide that being a non-gold member.

Raghav Gupta said:
So I can converse with my friend mooncrater here on physics topics by seeing that thing.
But don't know how he is able to hide that being a non-gold member.
Generally to set invisible mode you must be a gold member. There are free ways to get gold membership.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Generally to set invisible mode you must be a gold member. There are free ways to get gold membership.
Know that. Doesn't it creates a income loss for you! :rolleyes:
Is mooncrater a gold member?
I think we cannot know that by a mobile device.

Raghav Gupta said:
Doesn't it creates a income loss for you!

Not if you weren't going to buy it any way. The other ways help PF too.

Raghav Gupta said:
Is mooncrater a gold member?

mooncrater is not a gold members

Likes Raghav Gupta
Raghav Gupta said:
Okay, but I see when we click on name of any member a status on right comes, viewing so and so thread and in some members a blank space comes when they are active also.
You mean this?...

Status.JPG

And this?...

Status(1).JPG

Likes Raghav Gupta
Raghav Gupta said:
Yes, at the time when you have written post I was logged out.
Greg and OCR are both logged out right now, but their last activity still shows. Whether you are logged on or not is irrelevant.

Orodruin said:
Greg and OCR are both logged out right now, but their last activity still shows. Whether you are logged on or not is irrelevant.
To me OCR last activity is not being shown.
I think you are a staff member that is why you can see that?
I am logging out, see if my last activity is being shown.
Greg and OCR both might not have pressed log out button from My PF.
They might have simply left the PF tab open and after 10 minutes if they are doing nothing it means they are kind of logged out.

I always press the logout button after my work is done and login whenever I wish by typing name and password.

If you are not logged in then there is no activity that could be shown.

PFloggedout.png

mfb said:
If you are not logged in then there is no activity that could be shown.

View attachment 82541
How come in post 23 of @OCR blank space is coming on right when I was logged out
and in your post it is showing that I was last seen on so and so time?

Probably mentor rights.

Likes Raghav Gupta

What is the purpose of "Privacy option-View Identity"?

The purpose of "Privacy option-View Identity" is to allow users to control who can see their personal information and identity on a particular platform or website. This feature helps to protect users' privacy and prevent their personal information from being shared without their consent.

How can I access the "Privacy option-View Identity" on a website or platform?

The "Privacy option-View Identity" can usually be accessed through a user's account settings or preferences. It may also be located under a specific "Privacy" or "Security" section on the website or platform.

What personal information is typically included in the "Privacy option-View Identity"?

The personal information that is included in the "Privacy option-View Identity" may vary depending on the website or platform. However, it may include a user's name, profile picture, contact information, and any other information that the user has chosen to make public.

Can I choose who can see my identity on a website or platform?

Yes, the "Privacy option-View Identity" typically allows users to choose who can see their identity. This can range from making their identity completely public to only allowing certain individuals or groups to view it.

How does the "Privacy option-View Identity" protect my personal information?

The "Privacy option-View Identity" helps to protect personal information by giving users control over who can see it. By choosing to make their identity only visible to trusted individuals or groups, users can prevent their personal information from being accessed by strangers or unauthorized parties. Additionally, the platform or website may also have security measures in place to protect user data.