Problem posting from Opera web browser

• Thread starter antonantal
  • Start date
In summary, Users have reported issues with posting on the Physicsforums website using the Opera web browser, with the browser getting stuck and displaying an error message. This issue has been reported in versions 9.24, 9.27, and 9.50beta2 on Windows XP. Some users have found success by switching to alternative browsers, but others continue to experience difficulties. One user has resorted to using Internet Explorer for posting, despite it being inconvenient.
antonantal
When I try to post new replies or new threads from the Opera web browser it gets stucked at the stage i captured on the attached image. I have Opera version 9.24. it first happened two days ago. The last time I posted on the forum before two days ago (on september 25'th) it was working.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3532/operaproblemxy4.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Working fine for me on 9.24 / winXP

Now it works for me too :smile:. I just switched to the nexus skin and then back to prime, and now it works.

Half year later, 9.27/XP and similar problem - I can use "quick reply", but I can't use "new reply" nor "quote" - in both cases Opera reads part of the page and stops with "Completing request to pagead2.googlesyndication.com" message. Not always, but almost always. IE works OK.

Working fine in 9.27 and 9.50beta2 on XP for me

Try alternative browsers. One of them or more than one may allow you to post onto the physicsforums. I used to use one of the premium paid commercial email service programs and I was not able to post messages onto physicsforums. I soon started downloading different browsers and trying them to find which if any would allow me to visit and post to physicsforums.

I am switching to IE to post when I want to quote, but it is inconvenient. Will have to learn to live with it ;-)

Last edited:

1. Why am I having trouble posting from Opera web browser?

The most common reason for having trouble posting from Opera web browser is due to compatibility issues. Some websites may not be optimized for Opera and therefore may not function properly, including posting features.

2. How can I fix the problem of not being able to post from Opera web browser?

One potential solution is to try using a different web browser to see if the issue persists. If it does not, then the problem is likely with Opera and you may need to update your browser or contact their customer support for further assistance.

3. Can I post from Opera web browser on all websites?

While most websites should be compatible with Opera, there may be some that are not optimized for this specific browser. It is always best to check with the website or contact their customer support to confirm if posting from Opera is supported.

4. I am able to post from other web browsers, but not from Opera. What could be causing this problem?

There could be a number of reasons for this issue. It could be due to outdated software, conflicting extensions or plugins, or even a temporary glitch with the browser. It is recommended to try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling any extensions, and restarting your computer before attempting to post again.

5. Is there a specific version of Opera that works best for posting on websites?

It is always recommended to use the latest version of any web browser for optimal performance and compatibility. If you are having trouble posting from Opera, try updating to the latest version to see if the issue is resolved.