Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem posting from Opera web browser

1. Nov 15, 2007 #1
    When I try to post new replies or new threads from the Opera web browser it gets stucked at the stage i captured on the attached image. I have Opera version 9.24. it first happened two days ago. The last time I posted on the forum before two days ago (on september 25'th) it was working.
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2007 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Working fine for me on 9.24 / winXP

4. Nov 15, 2007 #3
    Now it works for me too :smile:. I just switched to the nexus skin and then back to prime, and now it works.

5. Apr 28, 2008 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Half year later, 9.27/XP and similar problem - I can use "quick reply", but I can't use "new reply" nor "quote" - in both cases Opera reads part of the page and stops with "Completing request to pagead2.googlesyndication.com" message. Not always, but almost always. IE works OK.

6. Apr 28, 2008 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Working fine in 9.27 and 9.50beta2 on XP for me

7. Apr 28, 2008 #6

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Try alternative browsers. One of them or more than one may allow you to post onto the physicsforums. I used to use one of the premium paid commercial email service programs and I was not able to post messages onto physicsforums. I soon started downloading different browsers and trying them to find which if any would allow me to visit and post to physicsforums.

8. Apr 29, 2008 #7

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I am switching to IE to post when I want to quote, but it is inconvenient. Will have to learn to live with it ;-)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?