Projectile with same initial and final height, and moon landing free body diagram

  • Thread starter Thread starter narutodemonki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Concept
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
narutodemonki
Messages
7
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



1. If an object is shot in a projectile path and its initial and final height is the same what is true.

2. If a rocket vertical is landing on the moon it shoots a bit of the rocket fuel while landing what is the correct Free body diagram.



The Attempt at a Solution


1.Well I know velocity initial and final cannot be the same because it has different directions.
So I would say initial and final speed are the same, and acceleration is constant right?


2. It would be a rocket with a greater downward force than upward force correct?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
narutodemonki said:
1.Well I know velocity initial and final cannot be the same because it has different directions.
So I would say initial and final speed are the same, and acceleration is constant right?
Right.
2. It would be a rocket with a greater downward force than upward force correct?
If the downward force is greater than the upward force, in what direction is the acceleration?
 
kuruman said:
Right.

If the downward force is greater than the upward force, in what direction is the acceleration?

net force would be down therefore acceleration would also be down so I guess that answer is correct
 
If the acceleration is down and the velocity is also down because the rocket is landing, does the speed increase or decrease?