Proving <J,2;J,0|J,J>=<J,2;-J,0|J,-J>

  • Thread starter Thread starter quasar987
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
4,796
Reaction score
32
Hi,

How can I prove that

[tex]<J,2;J,0|J,J>=<J,2;-J,0|J,-J>[/tex]

?

(my "template" is [tex]<j_1,j_2;m_1,m_2|JM>[/tex])thx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's correct "experimentally" in the sense that I'Ve looked in a C-G table and it's always true.

And according to a classmate of mine, he went to see the teaching assistant and he told him it was correct.
 
quasar987 said:
Hi,

How can I prove that

[tex]<J,2;J,0|J,J>=<J,2;-J,0|J,-J>[/tex]

?

(my "template" is [tex]<j_1,j_2;m_1,m_2|JM>[/tex])


thx

You mean what you wrote, and not
[tex]<J,2;J,0|J,-J>=<J,2;-J,0|J,J>[/tex], right?
(at first I thought you had written what I just wrote and I saw a way to prove it easily but I don't see right away how to prove the wone you gave)