Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PVC End Plug and Tube shape retention under heat and force?

1. Jul 4, 2011 #1
    PVC End Plug and Tube shape retention under heat and force??

Hi, I'm Mai from one of the semiconductor company. I'm in charge in supplier quality enginnering. I have an issue happened in my customer side where, whenever they received the unit from us the unit will spill out from the packing.

The packing we used are the PVC tube and end plug. When we received back the defect packing the tube was already warpage and the end plug already getting loose. Here I need an expert advice on the the PVC characteristic. Is it really easily deform?

if there anyone that have this issue before appreciate if you can share with me what is the solution.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2011 #2
    Re: PVC End Plug and Tube shape retention under heat and force??

I am not an engineer, but as a Master Plumber, I consider myself an expert on PVC piping.

By end plug, are you refering to a PVC cap or a screw-in cleanout plug?

PVC is very susceptable to heat and long term exposure to UV. Is this Schedule 40 PVC or thin wall pipe?

A picture would assist.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook