QFT theory book by Eberhard Zeidler

In summary, the "QFT theory book" by Eberhard Zeidler focuses on Quantum Field Theory (QFT), which is the combination of quantum mechanics and special relativity to study subatomic particles. It is a more advanced book intended for graduate students and researchers in theoretical physics. This book is known for its comprehensive and rigorous approach, covering both the mathematical and physical aspects of QFT, including modern topics such as renormalization, gauge theories, and supersymmetry. Prerequisites for reading this book include a strong understanding of quantum mechanics and special relativity, as well as familiarity with advanced mathematical concepts. Some criticisms of the book include its density and difficulty for readers without a strong mathematical background, as well as its lack of
Tiger99
Has anyone read the book (at least the first volume) by Eberhard Zeidler called "Quantum Field Theory: A Bridge Between Mathematicians and Physicists"? I started reading it last year and thought it was amazing. It's so ambitiously comprehensive! But no-one ever mentions it, and it's not in the library at my new work. I'd be curious to know what others' opinions are as I'm tempted to buy it for myself.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just realized the book is on Springerlink as a pdf, so I can get it through my library after all.

I have not personally read the book by Eberhard Zeidler, but I have heard good things about it from colleagues and fellow scientists. Zeidler is a well-respected mathematician and physicist, so I have no doubt that his book on quantum field theory is comprehensive and well-written. It is not uncommon for lesser-known books to not be readily available in libraries, so I would not let that discourage you from purchasing it for yourself. Ultimately, the most important factor in choosing a book on a complex topic like quantum field theory is finding one that resonates with you and helps you understand the subject better. If Zeidler's book does that for you, then I would highly recommend purchasing it.

1. What is the focus of "QFT theory book by Eberhard Zeidler"?

The primary focus of "QFT theory book by Eberhard Zeidler" is on Quantum Field Theory (QFT), which is the theoretical framework that combines quantum mechanics and special relativity to describe the behavior of subatomic particles.

2. Is this book suitable for beginners or is it more advanced?

This book is more advanced and is intended for graduate students and researchers in theoretical physics who already have a solid understanding of quantum mechanics and special relativity.

3. What sets this book apart from other QFT texts?

Eberhard Zeidler's "QFT theory book" is known for its comprehensive and rigorous approach to the subject, covering both the mathematical and physical aspects of QFT. It also includes detailed discussions on modern topics such as renormalization, gauge theories, and supersymmetry.

4. Are there any prerequisites for reading this book?

As mentioned before, a strong understanding of quantum mechanics and special relativity is necessary for reading this book. Familiarity with advanced mathematical concepts, such as group theory and differential equations, is also recommended.

5. Are there any criticisms of this book?

Some readers have found the book to be dense and difficult to follow, particularly for those without a strong background in mathematics. Additionally, some have noted that the book does not cover more recent developments in QFT, such as string theory and quantum gravity.