• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Quantum Physics textbooks with worked examples

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm currently in my first QM course and we have griffiths as our textbook. Although Griffiths is a great read I'm having trouble really conceptualizing QM ideas. We've only covered infinite potential well and wave packets as of now. Are there any additional resources or textbooks in which they have more worked examples than Griffiths or even more problems? It's really important to me that I do well in this course and after my midterm I would really like to brush up. Thank you for any guidance.

Answers and Replies

Andy Resnick
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Galitski et al's book "Exploring Quantum Mechanics" is an encyclopedic collection of worked problems. It may be a little on the advanced side for beginners, tho.

Galitski et al's book "Exploring Quantum Mechanics" is an encyclopedic collection of worked problems. It may be a little on the advanced side for beginners, tho.
I'll pick this up from my university library and try and work through it. Thank you for the suggestion.

jtbell
Mentor
Another book you might look at is Morrison's "Understanding Quantum Physics." It goes into more detail when discussing solutions to standard examples, than most textbooks do.

Another book you might look at is Morrison's "Understanding Quantum Physics." It goes into more detail when discussing solutions to standard examples, than most textbooks do.
Perfect, I'll look into this as well. Thank you.

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Gold Member
schaum's outline.....