Question About Archimedes ? HELP

• Thread starter W24JBLV
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Archimedes
In summary, the conversation is about the resolution of a problem involving a crown by the famous mathematician Archimedes. The person asking the question is being accused of shouting and not showing effort, and they clarify that they have already found information on the topic. They also mention having difficulty with another problem and accuse others of not helping. The conversation ends with someone asking for more information on the problem.
W24JBLV
Question About Archimedes ? HELP!

How Did Archimedes Resolve the problem of the Crown ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mentz114 said:
https://www.math.nyu.edu/~crorres/Archimedes/Crown/CrownIntro.html

Please don't shout - and show some effort.

I have found the same article 2 days ago...
and I'm not shouting...
What effort do you want me to show anyway there you had the
question it needs to be answered...
This question was easy i just googled it ...
The question that no one could answer was the oil/water one
and i gave my effort on it and no one did it...
So don't accuse me of shouting... *:mad:

What's the point of this thread? Is there a problem you are stuck on? If so, show what you've done and where you are stuck.

1. Who was Archimedes?

Archimedes was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer who lived from c. 287 BC – c. 212 BC. He is considered one of the greatest mathematicians of all time and is known for his contributions to geometry, calculus, and mechanics.

2. What are Archimedes' most famous discoveries?

Archimedes is most well-known for his discovery of the principle of buoyancy, also known as Archimedes' principle. He also made significant contributions to the fields of mathematics, including the development of the concept of pi and the invention of the Archimedes screw, a device used for raising water.

3. How did Archimedes die?

According to legend, Archimedes was killed during the Siege of Syracuse, a conflict between the Roman Republic and Carthaginian forces in 212 BC. He was reportedly killed by a Roman soldier while he was working on a mathematical problem, despite orders from the Roman general to spare him.

4. What was Archimedes' most famous quote?

One of Archimedes' most famous quotes is "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." This quote is often used to illustrate the concept of leverage and the power of simple machines.

5. How did Archimedes influence modern science and mathematics?

Archimedes' contributions to mathematics and physics have had a significant impact on modern science and technology. His work on geometry and calculus laid the foundation for many mathematical principles still used today, and his inventions and discoveries in mechanics have influenced the development of modern machines and technology.