1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about wording of problem geometry

1. Jan 2, 2013 #1
    So I am not asking for any help, on the question, I figured it out and got the right ans. My problem is with the wording.

Question: The points A,B and C lie on Horizontal ground and are such AB=19m, BC=16m and CA=21m

a) calculate the size of angle ACB

The part I have underlined is the bit that through, a bit confusing mainly because I cant really picture it, dose it mean that is lie in the horizontal plane, or something like that. The only way I was able to workout that, I had to use the cosine rule was because it ask me to calculate the size of angle ACB. So basically I made a assumption, which is not good, when trying to figure out maths.

Could someone help me out with the wording of the question, to me its slightly misleading.

Thanks in advance; happy new year.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2013 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Yes, it just means they're in a horizontal plane. Seems like an attempt to use less technical language.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook