Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about perpetual machines

1. Jan 17, 2007 #1
    If there was a machine that claimed to have all the characteristics of such a machine and relied on gravity, can it be called a perpetual machine?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2007 #2
    and by the way, whoever closed my thread, umm...if you weren't so trigger-happy you could have simply moved it to the appropriate section. :)

4. Jan 17, 2007 #3

ranger

Gold Member

The post will be closed here also...

5. Jan 17, 2007 #4
    are you serious? do UFOs exist?

And I'm not even suggesting that there is such a thing as a perpetual machine. Please just read my question first. I understand now that the title is misleading. NOTICE THE IF.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  6. Jan 17, 2007 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A machine that has all the characteristics of a PMM is a PMM. A machine that claims to have all these characteristics, claims to be a PMM. Whether it uses gravity or carrier pigeons is irrelevant.

When a thread is locked and a reason given, you do not open a new thread with the same content unless you wish to antagonize the staff. If you have a question about why your thread was locked, ask the mentor in a PM. If you can convince that Mentor that you have not violated any guidelines, the thread will be reopened. If it isn't, and you're not happy with the reasons given to you, post a complaint in the Feedback Section.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  7. Jan 18, 2007 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

FYI, even though the thread is closed, since there is no specific claim of an unexplained phenomenon, or evidence of perpetual motion, I have moved it to GD.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?