Questions about the expansion of the universe

  • Thread starter Thread starter ocset
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
ocset
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
[Missed off the title - Please]

Hi guys,

I've created a blog to publish some ideas that I've had and would usually use the posts as a journal to revisit them and try to work them out myself at a later date or just add to them.

The first post I've done is regarding a question I've always battled to answer due to lack of time or looking in the right places and it revolves around the expansion of our universe.

I was wondering if anyone had some spare time if they could have a quick read and see if you can shed some light? There is more than likely a solid explanation however I am yet to find it.

My post can be found here: http://nauticalthoughts.com/expansion-universe/

Thanks
Shane
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I skimmed 'til I got to the point where you said "this is the point at which the big bang occurred" or something similar, and stopped. This is nonsense. I suggest you start with the link in my signature.
 
ocset said:
Hi guys,

I've created a blog to publish some ideas that I've had and would usually use the posts as a journal to revisit them and try to work them out myself at a later date or just add to them.

The first post I've done is regarding a question I've always battled to answer due to lack of time or looking in the right places and it revolves around the expansion of our universe.

I was wondering if anyone had some spare time if they could have a quick read and see if you can shed some light? There is more than likely a solid explanation however I am yet to find it.

My post can be found here: http://nauticalthoughts.com/expansion-universe/

Thanks
Shane
phinds said:
I skimmed 'til I got to the point where you said "this is the point at which the big bang occurred" or something similar, and stopped. This is nonsense. I suggest you start with the link in my signature.
Thanks Phinds, reading it now, thanks again for the link.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading through, I am unsure why I have not heard of the balloon analogy before, it seems to sum up pretty much everything I have written about. Thanks for this, its very useful.