R.I.P Hal Holbrook; Mark Twain dead again at 95

  • Thread starter Thread starter phinds
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Holbrook also played former U.S. president Abraham Lincoln on television in Carl Sandburg's 1974 mini-series Lincoln.
 
I remember going with my father to see him as MT when I was in middle or high school, 50-55 years ago. It was in our city’s auditorium, where my high school graduation ceremony took place a few years later.
 
Hal Holbrook portrayed mysterious agent 'Deep Throat', later revealed to be FBI assistant director Mark Felt, in the 1976 Watergate movie "All the President's Men" in perhaps his most subtle and interesting film role.

Holbrook's character directs the journalist investigation behind the scenes. His compelling characterization focuses the film among terrific performances by Jason Robards, Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...-deep-throat-all-presidents-men-bob-woodward/
 
Klystron said:

From that article:
Holbrook portrayed numerous historic figures throughout his career — even embodying Mark Twain longer than Samuel Clemens played him.

Didn't realize he did that so long.

One of Holbrook’s most famous phrases in the film became “follow the money.” Woodward said the line was invented by the filmmakers — “It’s not in the book, it’s not in our notes” — yet still reflected what Felt was saying without saying it.
I guess another urban legend gets debunked.