What u say about the electrons being accelerated using a cathode ray tube is correct. BUT i really do not think that anything happens to the electron itself, because when the electron hits the tungsten, the electron transfers its kinetic energy to it, and I am assuming therefore causing the tungsten to emit radiation, since giving it KE will make the tungten's eletrons to become excited. In fact that's how a TV works, its basically a cathode ray tube guided by magnets which shoot the electrons onto the screen which has some special coding, the atoms of the coding get exited, and therefore emit light, which is what we see on the screen. The light emitted is what makes up the picture of what u see on TV. Although I am not sure how the shape of the picture is made. I'm pretty sure that should help, if in any case I am wrong, sorry, I am not an expert on anything, I am just a high school student very interested in astronomy/astrophysics/chemistry/physics, all that good stuff, lol. :P