f16842000 Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter May 24, 2018 #1 What is the radiation and non-radiation terms in the equation B for a moving charged particle. How can I express the result in a tensor form? Thanks! Attachments v08YM.jpg 58.7 KB · Views: 731
What is the radiation and non-radiation terms in the equation B for a moving charged particle. How can I express the result in a tensor form? Thanks!
pervect Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper Insights Author Messages 10,495 Reaction score 1,643 May 26, 2018 #2 Good question. If you want to know the energy flows, you can compute the stress-energy tensor and the Poynting vector as in https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...26693874#Electromagnetic_stress–energy_tensor That will describe the distribution (stress-energy tensor ##T^{ab}##) or flow (Poynting vector , ##S^a = T^{ab} u_b##), ##u_b## being the 4-velocity of the observer ). I don't know how to separate out the radiation part, alas.
Good question. If you want to know the energy flows, you can compute the stress-energy tensor and the Poynting vector as in https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...26693874#Electromagnetic_stress–energy_tensor That will describe the distribution (stress-energy tensor ##T^{ab}##) or flow (Poynting vector , ##S^a = T^{ab} u_b##), ##u_b## being the 4-velocity of the observer ). I don't know how to separate out the radiation part, alas.