Ratio of areas in parallelogram with intersecting diagonals

  • Thread starter Thread starter dekoi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Geometry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
dekoi
Im back with yet another geometry problem.

In the parallelogram ABCD, AE:ED = 1:2. B is joined to E on AD. A is joined to opposite vertex C. Intersecting point labelled F.
Determine the ratio of the area of ABF to quadrilateral EFCD.

I have tried a variety of methods, yet can't seem to get the right answer (3:11). Please help me any way you can.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but could i clarify something which is unclear? Hopefully someone will be able to help out :S

Thanks ahead of time.
 
I'll probably be able to answer this on like wednesday, haha, i haven't learned this at school yet, but I'm doing the same topic.
 
-----------
 
Attachments
  • pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 442