Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Real-world application of Active Stabilization Tanks in Ships

1. Aug 2, 2014 #1
    Does anyone know any specific examples of real world application of Active Stabilization Tanks in a ship? I just need a link to an article or just a name of ship IF one exists.

I have been doing some research into A.S.T's and I am desperate to find out if the concept has been manufactured. I am looking in particular looking for an example of where a ship uses pumps to input energy into a pipe system that moves water across the breadth of a ship to damp the roll in rough seas.

I have found plenty of examples of passive systems, but I am wondering if active systems would use too much fuel to be efficient.

Thanks for any help,

Martin

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook